What's new

Question for the large brush users (30mm+)

I know large brushes get a lot of love around these parts. Because the only thing better than a 2-band badger brush is a huge 2-band badger brush :001_wub:

Anyway, how do you load/lather your soaps in wooden bowls, or any bowl for that matter? It seems with all my bowls the lather gets everywhere, even when using a chubby 2. I'm tempted to go for the chubby 3, but I already have lather going all over the palce as it is. Is there some trick to this, or do you just cope with it?

Of course I know some tupperware containers and some soaps come in tall-walled containers, but I'm talking about your run-of-the-mill wooden bowl with lid.

Much thanks gents!

You cant avoid making a mess when loading from those shallow bowls.There is just too much brush for them to handle.

Nick, you'll have to get one of these:

proxy.php

Thanks guys for the info. Unfortunately none of my shaving soaps came in a bowl that large, but I'll post a WTB ad :lol:

In all seriousness, it sounds like I just have to deal with it. I figured that was the case, but it never hurts to ask I suppose. Thanks for your help

Well as I suppose you does not need to use Tupperware containers to lather soap...You can do it on your brush also...All you have to do is just put gel or shaving cream on your brush and use it directly on your face..

I like the pyrex idea thanks for sharing !!
Enjoy Your Shave !

No worries, the extra 1" of lip they offer will even keep a Polo 14 or BLK12 restrained during loading so they'll handle most anything you're likely to throw at them. Most pucks are a touch wider, but you don't have to mill them to get them in. Just push it down in. The edges of the puck will deform a bit, but it's never been a problem.

Cheers,

Ken

Top Bottom