What's new

My Poor Edge

Well, I officially finished my 8th shave, almost no irritation, still got a ways to go until I'm really smooth, but really enjoying it.

However, right after finishing that enjoyable shave, as I'm rinsing off the razor...handle hits the sink, jumps the edge right over to the faucet.

Now I've got two itty bitty dings in the edge...:crying:

So, since I'm just starting out and only have a barbers hone, there's no way I can fix this on my own, huh? I was hoping to send them out to Larry over at whipped dog, since he looks like the cheapest honing service, but he's on vacation until october 11th.

Since this is my one and only razor, I'd like to find someone who could hone this baby up for me relatively quickly. Ideally, if there was someone in New York that would be handy.

Thanks in advance!

I did the same to mine when starting out, I also only had a barbers hone and just went for it . mainly i was trying to knock off any burrs associated with the ding and then gave it a good stropping. It by no means will remove the dings but i was able to shave with it for a goodly while until i learned to repair it. if when stropping it seems to be scratching the strop cease all activity and reevaluate, otherwise i figured if it was good to go on the strop then my face would survive, and it did. mainly if you can shave comfortably and safely with the dings then you should not be doing any more harm to the razor. as always IMHO and YMMV.

Ian

Top Bottom