What's new

Only 2 Passes

Overslept and I only did two passes: wtg, xtg, instead of my regular 3: wtg, xtg, atg.

I feel scruffy. I wish I could get the 3 pass smoothness in only two passes.

Sorry. Just wanted to vent.

Overslept and I only did two passes: wtg, xtg, instead of my regular 3: wtg, xtg, atg.

I feel scruffy. I wish I could get the 3 pass smoothness in only two passes.

Sorry. Just wanted to vent.

I know how you feel. I always do 3 passes like you for BBS, but with a stomach upset, I had to settle for a one pass WTG this morning. Have you tried a 2 pass shave XTG and ATG? I seem to be able to cope with it but enjoyment always goes for three!!

I feel you. no matter what razor, blade, or technique I use- i always need at least three passes to get a nice shave (I usually do four, WTG, XTG, XTG opposite, ATG)

I also do the two pass when in a rush... and spend the rest of the day wishing I had spent another 3-4 minutes doing a third pass.

I go with the grain, and then against the grain. If I do anymore I suffer irritation. I usually end up with a DFS.

Clayton

I get great shaves in two passes with my TracII or Atra. I need at least three with a DE and it's never as close for me.

I know where you're coming from. It's a real drag to know that if you'd just done what you know works you'd have a great feeling shave all day but instead you decided to try something different. Today was one of those days for me. I had a lousy shave and my face feels roughed up all because I decided to experiment with something different than what has been proven to provide me with a great shave. :oops:

I guess I'm the odd duck. I do two, XTG and ATG, and get a DFS/BBS (almost) every time. Everyone's skin & beard is different.

Nah, not the only one. I do two passes also. 1-WTG 1-XTG. Not completely BBS but DFS. I can get a BBS with 3 passes but run the risk of irritation. 2 passes makes me happy!

I switch off between one and two passes(WTG/XTG). More than not, one pass gets me through the day and gives me the opportunity to shave again the next.

One pass will usually get me an OK shave -- not great but OK. SAS, perhaps -- although in my line of work that stands for something else.

Have you tried the new muhle r41, gets me very close and only need 2 passes but it is an aggressive razor.

I can get a CCS and even a DFS with a two pass shave if I shave in a slanted angle like a "V" from North to South on the first pass and South to North (also in a "V") on the second pass.

I'm finding my Merkur slant shaves remarkably close in 1 or 2 passes if I use a medium blade angle. (Compared to my preferred low angle with all razors.)
I think this is an unrefined method, but it undeniably works.
(Still working out if I can do a 3rd, ATG pass this way without weepers on my neck.)

Top Bottom