What's new

The Gentlemens Refinery

Hey I've heard about this fairley new shaving line. This was designed by Peter Gastis, supposed to be all natural. Has anyone tried this line and if so what do you think? I personally haven't heard anything about it apart from it being developed by the old Truefitt and Hill master barber. I'm looking to order it to try but want to hear a few opinions. Thanks!

I know nothing about this I'm afraid.

Just stopped by to say welcome and ask if you are a barber and if so do you shave people. I think there is only 2 or 3 of us on the board that do.

Cheers

Mat

Actually his name is Perry Gastis. I have tried a few of the products. The cream is very good. Reminds of the other high end creams. Not much of a scent, great shave. Do a quick search, and there are 3-4 threads on it.

I haven't tried in, but my understanding is that one of their (expensive) aftershave products is as close to the Harris Milk before it was changed.

I have been using the pre-shave and after-shave and find them to be very fine products. Both appear to be totally natural, and using my Santa Maria Novella shave cream (until it runs out) I get a very close shave with no irritation at all. These products have no fragrance, so they don't fight with what I put on afterwards. I would recommend them very highly, but they are fairly expensive. I have written to Perry on his website, and he is very responsive, and likes to "talk shop".

Hey I've heard about this fairley new shaving line. This was designed by Peter Gastis, supposed to be all natural. Has anyone tried this line and if so what do you think? I personally haven't heard anything about it apart from it being developed by the old Truefitt and Hill master barber. I'm looking to order it to try but want to hear a few opinions. Thanks!
Thanks for the reply. Yes I am a barber in California and I do, do shaves. Where is it that you barber?

I use the shaving cream and aftershave. I have not tried the preshave but the cream is very good. I like the smell of Nancy Boy better but GR is one of the few that does not contain parabens and I could happily use GR as my one and only if I had to. I am planning on trying the preshave soon. The cream has a faint smell and foams well. The aftershave is very good.

Where in California? I think people would love to find out there was still someone offering this service in their area.
I am the barber for Fred Segal Beauty in Santa Monica. They built out an area for a barber to be a barber in their salon. It's great. If you are in the area come and check it out.

Added Craigs service to the Wiki

If anyone visits Craig for a shave please go to the wiki and write a review or send it to me via PM and I will add it. :smile:

Cheers

Mat

Top Bottom