What's new

In Hawaii...any good shave shops on Oahu?

I have family in Oahu and I visit there a couple times a year. Below are some of the shops I frequent when I'm there.

There are a few L'Occitane stores on Oahu. One in Ala Moana, close to Sears, and one in the Royal Hawaiian shops were you can get Cade shaving soap and aftershave balms.

There is also Island Soap and Candleworks in the Royal Hawaiian shops, and at Ward Center, they make nice shaving soaps.

Shirokiya at Ala Moana has some nice Japanese aftershaves such as Lucido, Shiseido, and Mandom. Nordstrom and Sephora at Ala Moana carry Art of Shaving products.

Neiman Marcus carries Creed shave soaps and Acqua di Parma shave cream. Longs carries Clubman, Old Spice, and a couple other aftershaves.

Don Quijote has blades, both injector and de, they also carry Gillete Coolwave and a couple other nice aftershaves.

As far as razors, I was able to find a few nice vintage Gillette razors at local antique shops the last time I was there.

Oh, and on my last trip this past summer the Pearl Harbor NEX had Personna blades in dispenser and Aqua Velva Musk and Ice Blue in glass bottles.

Last edited:
Longs Drugs (CVS) also has injector, SE, and DE blades. Some of them also stock Omega boar brushes. I purchased two of mine from the University Longs, but they no longer carry them.

Don Quijote has "Mandom" aftershave as well as Lucido aftershaves. They also have foamless shave gels. As always, Walmart has wilkinson sword DEs and VDH soap.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Frankly I can't add much more as Xillion seems to have fleshed out way more shaving products than I have.

During my previous life as a DE shaver I bought Wilkies and VDH at Walmart, and when I ventured into SE's Longs Drugs had the stainless and carbon Gems. I did try perusing the vintage stores, but all wanted 55.00 for a super adjustable and 45.00 for a dated SS. The Internet is my best friend, and the bane of SWMBO and the monthly budget :).

Yep, what they said... but to add a few more options:
Walgreens has both DE and SE blades, VHD, and a few other normal drug store finds

Whole Foods has a few interesting things such as KMF, Thayers or Humphreys Witch Hazel (depending on if you want to smell like a tree or not), and some nice (bath) soaps

Occasionally K-Mart has DE blades, but I wouldn't count on it...

Target has Every Man Jack line, but their shaving cream is a brushless type that I'm not very fond of, although their AS balm is rather nice...

Antique Alley does have some DE's available, probably some brushes too, but at collector prices for nice user-grade stuff from last I saw. Nice guy who runs the place, very knowledgeable about the razors even if he doesn't look it (long scraggly beard and all). Came close to buying a Super Adjustable from him, if the date was right I would have...

but otherwise, the interweb and USPS shipping is our friend here in Hawaii...

Be sure to take along some Proraso and follow it up with the Lucido you will be buying at Don Quijote.

Have a great time!

Holy cow guys! Thanks for the wealth of info. I appreciate your taking the time to help out.

Thanks for the tip on Island Soap and Candleworks. Just picked up some Hawaiian Clay soap in a cool wooden bowl for $17.50. I'll let you know how it works.

Wow...just tried the soap. Great slick lather. Awesome earthy smell. I highly recommend it. I think you can order it online. Also picked up a Lavendar Tea Tree Oil soap. Should be interesting. All their soaps are oil based and use all natural ingredients. Good find!

Top Bottom