What's new

Thanks in advance for answering my questions

All, I posted this in another section, but thought it might get missed so am re-posting here. Sorry if you already read this within another section. Thanks in advance for your help.

1) My uncle said that he tends to use a good gel product...usually Anthony Logistics gel because he has sensitive skin. I gave him my Nancy Boy to try as well, but he said that he thinks the gel will work better for him since he is more on the sensitive side. Apparently he was always told these higher end gels would be better for people with sens. skin. Has anyone ever heard this? He does use a mach 3 or Fusion razor, and has sparse growth...meaning he could probably go without shaving everyday and be fine...it's also a little on the finer side. Would something like even a good cream like Nancy Boy possibly be too much/harsh from him? Anyone else with this experience? I actually have a similar skin as he does and easily get irritated by many products. NB seems to work well for me, but if there is any truth to the statement above am wondering if switching to a gel would be even better for me? Thoughts?

2) If the answer is that I should switch what would you recommend? BTW, I've also used the Billy Jealousy, but did not think it would be as good for every day use as say NB or T&H...if it would be better for my skin type than would make the switch.

I have recently tried the Anthony Logistics Shave Gel and was pleasantly surprised. I do believe that soaps and creams are indeed harsher than many gels, because they are soap-based (duh), and soap is generally very harsh. Gels, on the other hand, can be formulated without any harsh ingredients and with a pH that is much closer to that of skin. For example, a gel based mostly on glycerin and aloe vera extract is easily possible (think about gels for treating sun burns or KY Jelly). Oils is another way to go if soaps are too harsh. I think gels are underrated on this forum. I know I will explore them a bit more in the future. Best - MM

Top Bottom