What's new

I ordered a Pilot Varsity. Now what? Whom do I write?

So I ordered my first (disposable) fountain pen. So who do I write now? Between E-mail, SMS, and Skype, I don't really write anyone. I only rarely even hand-write checks. And documents that require my signature at work, almost always need to go through multiple copies, so a fountain pen may not be best for it.

How/For what do you use your fountain pen?

Try journal keeping. I started a few months ago & find it a nice way to relax. It's also a great way for me to improve my penmanship. :confused1

Try journal keeping. I started a few months ago & find it a nice way to relax. It's also a great way for me to improve my penmanship. :confused1

Great idea! What's a good fountain pen ready, yet modestly priced, journal?

More (family friendly and polite) ideas of what to do with my new fountain pen please!

Write a love note to your wife or girlfriend, write down your grocery list, find a pen pal and write them a letter, Write a letter to your mom.

Dave

For a great selection of journals check out gouletpens.com. Great prices & wonderful people to deal with. Always willing to make intelligent suggestions.

Staples arc. Small leather one is like 15$, takes the same papers that the levenger circa do, at 9/10th the quality for 1/5th the price of the circa ya cant go wrong. If you're going super cheap, staples eco composition book. Its got the sugarcane paper, fp friendly, and like 3$.

For a journal I am using a NorCom Composition Book from WalMart. From other threads you need to get the ones that are made in Brazil as they have the paper that is FP friendly. And for less than a dollar you can't beat them. +1 on the letter exchange, PM me your address and I will write.

Tom

I actually started writing letters again. Give yourself a break and start with a notecard. A couple of lines to a relative or a friend who you haven't seen in a while can make somebody's day.

Great ideas! I have relatives scattered around the world. So I might start going old school and writing them cards instead of E-mail and Skype.

Send a PM to brianw and request to join the postcard or letter exchange group, lots of people in there to write to.

Egads!! You'd have this group of rabble rousing acquisition disorder enabling riff raff as pen-pal friends? :)

Staples arc. Small leather one is like 15$, takes the same papers that the levenger circa do, at 9/10th the quality for 1/5th the price of the circa ya cant go wrong. If you're going super cheap, staples eco composition book. Its got the sugarcane paper, fp friendly, and like 3$.

Thanks, I was wondering about those ARC pads at Staples.

How about writing to a former teacher and thanking them?

The arc is quite nice, I can't see the circa being that much nicer considering the price difference. I want to get my hands on the rhodia for levenger paper, that would he a treat.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Write a love note to your wife or girlfriend, ...

Best to keep the two seperate. :wink2::ohmy:

Great ideas! I have relatives scattered around the world. So I might start going old school and writing them cards instead of E-mail and Skype.

Major brownie points, espeically with older relatives (who remember what pen, paper and stamps look like) if you send them a handwritten note or letter. If the 8" x 11" page seems too big to fill at first, go with a smaller size and work your way up.

... oh, and the post-christmas "thanks for the gift" notes are a great opportunity ... especially if you happen to stock up on red and green ink. :wink2:

Another composition book that seems to get a plus is the Made in Vietnam Comp books that you can find at Wal-Mart. IT is produced by CarolinaPad. Current $1 a book int eh clearance section at mine.

I use a fountain pen about 96% of the time. I write letters and postcards to people all over the US and world wide. I also journal and write with one.

Top Bottom