What's new

Help me pick a first boar/boar brush for travel!

Thanks to you gentleman, I have been jumping in hard to the whole wet shaving thing. I just picked up one of these for travelhttp://www.amazon.com/Muhle-Pinsel-Round-Travel-Holder/dp/B0036BF97Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317760863&sr=8-1 , and I figure the brush I will take will not be one of my nicer brushes (EJ best, and TGN Silvertip).

So I am looking for a good/cheap boar brush that will not be to giant for travel. I would like if it were available on Amazon or West Coast Shaving. It will also be my first boar, so I would like it to be good for soaps as well. I have never tried a boar or soaps, so I am pumped to kill two birds with one stone. Thanks!

For travel the Omega 50014 works wonders. Actually all brushes on this page fit your description especially the 11047 (in the market as boar/badger mix and as boar) and the 40033 which is a true monster.

The Vulfix 2189 (I have no experience with the vendor; just linked to a pic from someone with that brush still in stock!) ended my search for the best brush ever (a lot of YMMV here!) and it comes in a handy travel tube.

If it doesn't have to be a boar, look at the Simpson Special S1 from West Coast Shaving. A nice small badger brush for only $25. I don't get the need for keeping brushes in a closed tube myself. You don't really want to have your wet brush stay wet for 24 hours. As long as you keep your razor in a travel case and your toothbrush covered, just shake it out well, toss the brush in your shaving kit and let it dry out.

If you're looking for a small travel brush, look at the Omega Bambino or Mixed Mighty Midget or the Simpson Wee Scot. All three are small brushes that travel well. They are also reasonablly priced.

Top Bottom