October Ink Drop

I received my October Ink Drop today...

Contained within were the following:

- Diamine Sunshine Yellow
- Noodler's #41 Brown
- Noodler's Red-Black
- Pilot Iroshizuku Yu-Yake
- Private Reserve Dakota Red

I haven't tried any of these colors, and I haven't tried 2 of the brands either...so I'm looking forward to inking up with these.

(I have so many samples it's not even funny anymore, and that's just in the past several months).

I got mine yesterday and got around to filling up a pen with
Iroshizuku yu-yake
this afternoon. I must say that I find this color quite interesting. I find that when writing in cursive (which is default for me), the ink looks flat and boring. It's also on the lighter side and difficult to read on white paper. However, when printing my letters with it the difference is immediately apparent. When lifting up the pen between each letter, there is an immense amount of shading apparent. This makes for a very interesting look. I don't think that I'll pick up a bottle of the stuff, but I'll almost certainly use up the sample eventually.

Next on my list to try is
Noodler's Red-Black

mine did not arrive today; but that is ok; this will be my first one; so delayed gratification it is

my wality eyedropper demonstrator pen DID arrive; so I know what pen I shall use my samples in now.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I joined back in September, and so my samples shipped out late ... but ...

... I'm using the Grand Canyon now, and enjoying it, in a Pelikan 200 (F). I have a Kaweco Sport (B) on order to use my Inkdrop inks in, my thought being that I can eyedropper it for ease of sample filling, and the broad tip will highlight any good qualities in the ink, as well as exposing any weaknesses, in as short a time as possible.

I am looking forward to the next drop ... I already have two of the inks (well, on order) but then again I had one of the September inks too (North African Violet ... really like it.)

strop

Now half as wise
I will definitely be including the Grand Canyon in my next order. Not an ink I probably would have purchased blind, but it was especially nice when paired with some ivory stationery!

This is what the ink drop is for. Even if I only get a whole bottle every few months, it is well worth it to get to try theses inks.

Top Bottom