What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

I have 3 handguns and 2 of them are wheel guns. My revolvers are a mid 90's Dan Wesson .357 and I just bought a brand new GP100 Wiley Clapp edition...very nice hand gun. I haven't put many rounds through the Dan Wesson and no rounds through the GP100....yet. Must get busy and get out to the range.

As a retired police officer who carried revolvers for many years, I'll take them over the auto's anytime. If an auto jams it takes two hands to clear it. With a revolver if it doesn't fire its usually faulty ammo, just pull the trigger and another round is brought up.

Here is a picture of my Taurus Ultra Light 44 Mag, 4 inch barrel, and heck of a gun. $11881.jpg

My one and only revolver

Smith and Wesson Model 60 .357
I swapped out the springs with some Wilson Combat ones to tighten up the DA pull.

$1374866942326.jpg

I have an ultralight S&W 5 shot hammerless pocket revolver, one of the ti lite versions that is 38 special +p and it's painful. I want no part of an ultralight .44 Mag, I'll stick with my full size 6 & 8" Model 29's.

Awww man I LOVE revolvers.

Here's my GP100.
I know she looks like a safe queen but she's had plenty rounds through her.
I smile every time I shoot her.

proxy.php

My latest wheelie....
View attachment 417076

2 3/4" blued Security Six circa 1982.

Traded my CZ SP01 Phantom with two mags and case for the Ruger with about 400 rounds of .357 ammo. Although I love my CZ'z, I just couldn't warm up to the Phantom and it was quickly becoming a safe queen.

I may of come out on the short side of the deal by a slight margin, but I have to say that I absolutely love this revolver. It's been very accurate no matter what I feed it. Everything from the most stout Underwood .357 to creampuff .38spl. Amazingly comfortable to shoot as well (the super thick Hogues have something to do with that).

Very cool!
I love the Security Sixes but have yet to lay my hands on one.
Bet that thing shoots like a dream.

I have several 29 smiths but the fave here is a 1st gen colt anaconda .44 mag. the trigger tells the story,smiths just don't have the same feel after shooting the colt.

$IMG_0027.jpgYou got a sweet gun there! Here's mine, not as pretty as yours but, she's a pleasure to shoot. With the over-mold grips, hot .357 loads feel like a .22.

A retro look at the Smith & Wesson N-Frame is represented in this Smith & Wesson Hand Ejector New Century .44 Special with 6 1/2-inch barrel from 1910. Much more commonly known by it's nickname, the "Triple Lock," it represents the original incarnation of the N-Frame Smith & Wesson revolver when the model was introduced in 1908.

proxy.php

This was sold to me by a kind friend who restored it back to its original factory blued finish configuration. When he acquired it, it featured a non-factory nickel finish and fake mother-of-pearl grips worthy of a New Orleans pimp.

Texas Ranger Frank Hamer carried a Triple Lock with this barrel length, sometimes as a "back-up gun" for his favorite Colt Single Action Army .45 Colt, "Old Lucky." Amazing to think of carrying such a huge revolver as a back-up but, though wounded, he used his .44 Triple Lock to good effect when set upon by a pair of assassins in Sweetwater, Texas on an occasion.

Here are some views of the third locking lug feature.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Got back at dark from giving the Triple Lock a thorough wringing out. Not on paper this time but would stay on 9-inch target balls, chasing them to 40 yards with ease, even with the relatively primitive sights. I had no idea the old wheezer could be so capable. The old revolver loved 6.5 grains of Unique under a 250 grain lead semi-wadcutter and did quite well though shot a bit lower with the Federal 200 grain lead SWC hollow point factory load. Was easy to shoot well single-action or double-action with its super smooth action. Was easy to make hits when adopting a one-handed bulls-eye target stance. I'd have been wowed with a lot less of an accuracy performance than it accomplished.

Only thing is, all the .44 Special ammo is depleted and I've got to load up some more in order to put it on paper for group.

I recently picked up a Ruger Blackhawk 5.5" .45 Convertible. I cleaned it up nice, but I still have to get it out to the range. I've got a couple hundred rounds each of .45 colt and .45 ACP to test out, but I still need to get a holster and some trigger time. Just waiting for my kids to get back to school...

$442_cr.jpg

S&W 442 .38 Special. I never considered a revolver until a much more knowledgeable and experienced friend persuaded me to try this gun. This is a great shooting gun, and I love the trigger. It's now one of my carry guns.

Not sure if I showed off my 625 45 Colt MT gun or not...but I'm going to again with this very nice stocks by Culina. John & his wife are a class act!

I also got a 29-4 that got similar treatment.

Top Bottom