What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

It's time revive this thread so revolvers can continue to be celebrated.

Here are the large and the small of the Colt double-action revolver line-up of the 1st decade of the 20th century. A side by side comparison of the big New Service, in this case a military contract Model 1909 made in 1909-1911 and chambered for .45 Colt, and a tiny New Pocket circa 1905, chambered for the .32 Long Colt. Also shown are the .45 Colt and .32 Long Colt cartridges, with a .22 Long Rifle cartridge in comparison.

proxy.php

I can relate to the dreadful trigger pull of the Nagant. I actually won this one in a shooting match. Heavy trigger is right! It takes two men and a boy to pull the trigger in double-action mode. This one is dated 1944.
proxy.php

I can relate to the dreadful trigger pull of the Nagant. I actually won this one in a shooting match. Heavy trigger is right! It takes two men and a boy to pull the trigger in double-action mode. This one is dated 1944.

The one neat thing is that they are the only revolver that can be suppressed.

Sigh...... I recently moved to CA and have all my firearms locked up in Utah. I really miss my .41mag
You can bring them with you as a personal importer.
Long guns, need to do nothing.
Handguns, $19 to register them with the DOJ.

Only other thing is to verify that they do not fall under the assault weapons ban and leave the magazines larger than 10rds in Utah.

Here's some flowcharts on the assault weapons bans....
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/hgflowchart.pdf
http://www.calguns.net/caawid/sgflowchart.pdf

Note that the ban only applies to semi-automatic models. Revolvers, lever action, pump, single shot, etc... they do not apply.
Likewise, rimfire rifles are exempt (rimfire handguns are not exempt, so no threaded barrels on ANY semiautomatic handgun unless it has a fixed magazine).

OOOooo...the 2 1/2-inch Model 66 is so nice, Eaglestroker.

Thanks for the explanation of California regulations, cb91710. I had wondered how folks moving out there handled their personal firearms.

Thanks for the explanation of California regulations, cb91710. I had wondered how folks moving out there handled their personal firearms.
nice revolvers, California???????? what are u doing??????? madness it has to be.
Ya, it's not as bad as a lot of people think. The Brady group gives CA high marks, but honestly, there are at least 4 states that are more restrictive.
California does not require a permit to OWN a handgun. We must have a handgun safety certificate to receive one... but the cert is good for 5 years, and when it expires, we don't need to renew unless we intend to buy or borrow another handgun.
Outside of the assault weapon laws, which are only marginally more restrictive than the 1994 Federal laws, our main issues are magazine capacity and concealed carry... but even with CCW, some counties are shall-issue even though state law is "may issue".

Ah how I envy you lot.
We have calibre restrictions, barrel length restrictions, mag capacity restrictions (for autoloaders) etc cetera.
DON'T let them do this to you over there as you NEVER get those things back....

Anyway someone else can have the soapbox,allow me to introduce my one and only wheelgun.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Those newfangled brass cartridge thingies will NEVER catch on.:001_tt2:

proxy.php

Ruger New Vaquero in .357 magnum, in stainless with 5 1/2" barrel. I bought it to be my one perfect all around handgun; rugged, reliable to the point of bulletproof, and in a caliber sufficient for anything I will run across where I live.

A couple of old comrades from my younger and dumber days:
A tuned-up, mildly-customized S&W Model 19 .357 in a Safariland Model 13 holster, both showing decades of age and use.

Attachments

• $Old Friend.jpg
    $Old Friend.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 209
I've got a few. They are nice for reloading; no chasing brass, no fussing about with pressure curves.

My favorite is this S&W 627PC. It is an 8-shot .357 mag built on the N-frame action, with a really lovely trigger pull in both single and double action.

Very nice. I have this performance center. I have it set up with crimson trace laser grips. My old man has the S+W 500. Not fun to shoot, it feels like you just hit a tree with an aluminum baseball bat when you fire it. And the rounds are super pricey.

Top Bottom