What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

Early 1870's Webley Pre-RIC, No1, 1st pattern, in 442cf
. $20160327_101820.jpg

Bought a 686-1 yesterday as a 15th wedding anniversary gift to myself. For me this early model 686 is a bucket list gun, high polished with original grips.

$image.jpg

I can't post "likes" but love the early Webley and the Smith & Wesson Model 686 which is one useful revolver, being in .357 Magnum, having a 4-inch barrel, and in stainless steel.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
This thread had me thinking a favorite revolver needs new grips ... have you seen the Hogue Camo Lamo?

proxy.php

Thinking about it.

AA

The only handgun I've owned was a S&W 629 4" - got it as a companion to my Marlin 1894P which is a sweet carbine. The S&W was high quality, but not pleasant to shoot with the magnum loads I shoot through the Marlin. I ended up selling it.

I'm seriously thinking of getting another handgun, though: a Ruger Super Blackhawk.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Finally "pulled the trigger" on my first revolver, a 686-p. The GP100 was my first choice until my FFL guy found the SW for only 100.00 more. I'll scratch the Ruger itch next year with a 44 Mag...maybe even the 454.

Since I'm loving my first revolver I'll post it and bring this post back to life.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Although this is my first one, it won't be my last. I'm currently on the hunt for a S&W M27 (blued) with a 4 in barrel.

Here's an early 1950s 3 1/2-inch N-Frame .357 Magnum made before Smith & Wesson introduced the Model 27 nomenclature in 1957. The 3 1/2-inch barrel sure makes the revolver "tote-able." Watch is a few years older than the revolver.

It's been toted on a couple of occasions for overnight gun show security duty in this vintage O. F. Ball holster.

That Kimber is sexy, too bad they arent "MA approved".....which, to be truthful, very little is.....

My own wheelie is a made-in-Massachusetts revolver that isnt approved either, but got grandfathered because it was purchased before the nanny-state started regulating which handguns are allowed

My Dan Wesson, with the 2 in barrel attached and its 6 in barrel above. I have also purchased a 4 inch barrel from EWK Arms, a thick slab sided shroud that dampens all recoil.
Dan Wesson.jpg
Also have two more handles; a traditional wooden and a wooden birds head grip

Here's an early 1950s 3 1/2-inch N-Frame .357 Magnum made before Smith & Wesson introduced the Model 27 nomenclature in 1957. The 3 1/2-inch barrel sure makes the revolver "tote-able." Watch is a few years older than the revolver.

It's been toted on a couple of occasions for overnight gun show security duty in this vintage O. F. Ball holster.

That's beautiful!

That Kimber is sexy, too bad they arent "MA approved".....which, to be truthful, very little is.....

My own wheelie is a made-in-Massachusetts revolver that isnt approved either, but got grandfathered because it was purchased before the nanny-state started regulating which handguns are allowed

My Dan Wesson, with the 2 in barrel attached and its 6 in barrel above. I have also purchased a 4 inch barrel from EWK Arms, a thick slab sided shroud that dampens all recoil.
View attachment 852874
Also have two more handles; a traditional wooden and a wooden birds head grip
Thanks for sharing. The Dan Wesson .357 "kit" is on my short list.

Top Bottom