What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

My favorite "bad boy" N-Frame Smith & Wesson, the 3 1/2-inch Model 27 with Magna stocks. It looks "allll bi'ness."

I'm still getting back with you, Rob. The bank examiners have had me in their clutches. Then I forwarded the wrong email to my personal address. I'll get to it.

for an N-frame snubbie should I go PC 627 2.5" UDR or vintage 27-2 3"? I know the 27-2 is a classic, but I like the unfluted 8 shot cylinder and the lifetime warrantee......

I love N frames.

My favorite "bad boy" N-Frame Smith & Wesson, the 3 1/2-inch Model 27 with Magna stocks. It looks "allll bi'ness."

I'm still getting back with you, Rob. The bank examiners have had me in their clutches. Then I forwarded the wrong email to my personal address. I'll get to it.

We've got nothing but time :)

for an N-frame snubbie should I go PC 627 2.5" UDR or vintage 27-2 3"? I know the 27-2 is a classic, but I like the unfluted 8 shot cylinder and the lifetime warrantee......

I love N frames.

Ive got several and the easiest answer is yes. For a 7-8 shot I would prefer a 4-5" barrel. My 629-6 is one of the most popular in the shooting rotation though.

I'm a wheel gun lover myself. Young guy too! Got it from my father I guess. Currently my stash is slim due to an financial crisis last year, but my go to gun is my 626 2.5" .357. It just feels right in my hand. Admittedly, I do also carry a plastic gun too when conceal needs to be easier - my Shield 9mm.

I finally scored a gun that I have been looking for and that I consider the ultimate pocket/belly gun: a Taurus 85 VTa (aka Taurus View). This one was for my wife, who is tired of carrying the weight of her J-frames. I am right now trying to rationalize why I need one to replace my Kel-tec P3AT... :001_smile

Mmmmm.... 3.5" of goodness.

Is that a 27-2? I have the 4" version. I kick my self daily for not buying more of these in the 60's-70's. Got one of these laying around in case aggressive bears show up. 44 mag:

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 189
Is that a 27-2? I have the 4" version. I kick my self daily for not buying more of these in the 60's-70's. Got one of these laying around in case aggressive bears show up. 44 mag:

It's an earlier 27 no dash, 1960 production. I'm pretty young for a revolver fan and kick myself for not buying more 4 years ago when I got into handguns (and Marlins, for that matter). Prices on the things I like are through the roof. Great looking 629!

$Screenshot_2015-04-23-08-27-19-1.jpgS&W 25-11. Only 150 mfg'd 2001. 45 LC, guite the shooter. 2" groups w/Blazer ammo(all I could find that day) @25yds outta da box! A Cabela's find. They knocked off a hunnerd bucks and shipped to a store in my state free!

Luv,

Go for it- if you don't like it you can always remove it with nail polish remover. It washes out in different lighting, but so did the plain sight before it was painted.

I have a 640 pro series which has the big dot night sights and is cut for moon clips. Great revolver and with a little action work an excellent shooter.

I wouldn't say I'm a wheel gun nut, but I love my two S&W revolvers, both bought in the late 80s.

• A model 686 stainless, L frame, in .357, 6" barrel. I take it take deer hunting just in case I need a coup de gras shot on a deer, or a hog stumbles too near. I replaced the wooden grip, which was beautiful, with a Hogue.
  • My little model 60 stainless, J Frame .38 special, 1 7/8" barrel. I put a Hogue grip on it to keep my pinky from flying around.

One day I'd like to buy a stainless model 629 with a 4" barrel. I'm not insane, as I have no desire to fire a bunch of .44 magnums. But, the 629 is a sweet .44 special. Its a great defense round.

Last edited:
Top Bottom