What's new

Any WHEEL GUN lovers out there...?

My latest wheelie....
$pysumuqu.jpg

2 3/4" blued Security Six circa 1982.

Traded my CZ SP01 Phantom with two mags and case for the Ruger with about 400 rounds of .357 ammo. Although I love my CZ'z, I just couldn't warm up to the Phantom and it was quickly becoming a safe queen.

I may of come out on the short side of the deal by a slight margin, but I have to say that I absolutely love this revolver. It's been very accurate no matter what I feed it. Everything from the most stout Underwood .357 to creampuff .38spl. Amazingly comfortable to shoot as well (the super thick Hogues have something to do with that).

My only gun at home is a Taurus .357. I have shot a number of other guns and may someday move over to a glock or Springfield XD, but for my purposes, this is a decent gun and I got a good deal on it a number of years ago, so I am keeping it for a while.

Don't own any at the moment, but I'm an admirer of the wheel gun. My favorites at the moment are the service-issue .357's (Colt Trooper, S&W Models 27 & 28). I see that Smith is still producing the 27 as part of its Classics line. Might have to pick up one of those in a 4" barrel someday. Perfect gun to keep loaded in the handgun safe ready for action. No magazine springs to weaken over time.

My old man has a Smith 586 in 6", and a Ruger GP100 in SS, with a 4" barrel. I think the GP might be the toughest .357 around; it just has that "overbuilt" feel to it, which is never a bad thing when it comes to guns.

My latest wheelie....
View attachment 417076

2 3/4" blued Security Six circa 1982.

Traded my CZ SP01 Phantom with two mags and case for the Ruger with about 400 rounds of .357 ammo. Although I love my CZ'z, I just couldn't warm up to the Phantom and it was quickly becoming a safe queen.

I may of come out on the short side of the deal by a slight margin, but I have to say that I absolutely love this revolver. It's been very accurate no matter what I feed it. Everything from the most stout Underwood .357 to creampuff .38spl. Amazingly comfortable to shoot as well (the super thick Hogues have something to do with that).

Love it! I forgot to mention the Security/Service Six in my last post. I'm a big fan of those two, as well.

I am a Wheelgun man almost exclusively when it comes to handguns.

The only exception is 1911's.

I have an old Blackhawk in .41 Magnum that has been my comfort and companion for a long time. :)

After about a decade's search, just obtained new/old stocks, correct for this Smith & Wesson Model of 1926 .44 Special which originally shipped to Wolf & Klar in Fort Worth, Texas in March of 1931. Had to take some photos before making a quick trip to the gun club range this evening to shoot the revolver a bit. I do believe it shot a bit better too.

proxy.php

The revolver went back to Smith & Wesson for a refinish in July of 1974.

$IMG_1892.jpg
S&W model 60 LS .357 Magnum with Crimson Trace Laser Grip
NAA Wasp .22 Magnum
Both Loaded with Hornaday Critical Defense.

My coworker e-mailed a picture yesterday of something he's put on layaway.
$received_m_mid_1402798942177_4bdf14fb4b0da10000_0.jpeg
He lives in Pennsylvania, and gets a kick out of torturing me with photos of his latest acquisitions. Now I want a GP 100!

Last edited:
I have 2 wheelguns a LadySmith .32 that the wife carries and a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 454 casull that I carry as a backup when hog hunting or when in bear country.

BTW, does anyone have any info on when Taurus is going to start shipping the 85 VTA (aka the Taurus View)? None of the dealers in my area has ever even seen one.

Top Bottom