What's new

American-Made Custom Shirts?

I've been searching for a couple of hours for a source of American or Western-made custom shirts. No luck. Everything seems to be sourced, eventually, to China, or is the product of some exclusive local boutique. Shirtsmyway.com is an example of the former.

I'm tired of asking my wife to tailor off-the-rack shirts, and I'd surely like to support our own clothing manufacturers. Are there any left?

^I believe Tom James shirts are made by Individualized Shirts. If you look around you should be able to find a vendor in the area. They are made to measure, not custom, but are USA made. The shirts are on par with the Brooks Brothers shirts. I dont like fusing in my collars and they will make them that way.

I have had shirts made by Indivdualized Shirtings and consider them to be a much better value than fine ready to wear shirts from Europe (Loro Piana, Barbera, Truzzi, etc). Check them out!

Gentlemen, thanks for your advice and insight. Being in a rush after discovering that the necks had shrunk in several of my dress shirts, I made a quick trip to The Men's Wearhouse and had a few off-the-rack shirts tailored. I have to admit, they did a nice job, but, without a doubt, my next shirts will come from a custom shop like Tom James or J. Hilburn.

I live in the NY metro area, and have had some custom shirts done at the flagship Brooks Bros. store in midtown, right by Grand Central. I thought they were made in USA, but after reading this thread, I am not sure. The results were always outstanding, and the choices of fabrics and styles were nearly limitless.

Top Bottom