What's new

Difference between Personna Blue and Personna Red

I've got some of both and both shave very well for me - I used the red for the first time today and had a great shave.

Blue? do you mean Lab Blue/Med prep or the israeli Crystals?

I find the Lab Blue are noticeably sharper than the Red pack. For me that is preferred. But if all I had were the red pack, they work ok, too. Very smooth, just not quite as sharp as my beard needs for a great shave. But I can get a good shave with them, and 99% of the time, good is enough :)

However, at least from razorbladesandmore, Lab Blue are cheaper than Red pack by the 100. Only by a dollar, but the lab blue work better for me, and that dollar is nice to save! I need to order a few hundred lab blue, and will also throw in 10 Israeli blue/crystal blades to try...

Those are neither the Personna "Lab" or Persona "Crystal" aka Israeli Personna Blue (IP Blue).

But I'm not sure what they are typically called. I'm not certain but they could be the same blade that razorbladesandmore.com calls Personna "Barbers".

For me, none of the Personna blades work particullarly well. I've tried Reds, Crystals, Barbers, Labs, & Meds.

I think they are called the barbers at RBM. They have the same markings on them. The store brand personna blades arent that great. Not very sharp so I have to keep going over the same area multiple times. Havent tried any barbers yet so cant say for sure.

Top Bottom