What's new

Is My Slim Adjustable Broken?

Ok, I have a question re. my Slim. When I tighten the top, the butterfly squeezes the blade toward the safety bar. Ok, that is normal to create the arch. The problem, however, is that it is uneven. One side is closer to the safety bar than the other. Is this normal in TTO?

V

VR6ofpain

This does not sound good. Is the head bent? The gap should be even on both sides. It is possible to bend these razors back into shape. I did it with an Aristocrat (gold Slim Adjustable).

I have a similar issue with a Slim Adjustable. As I tighten the knob to close the silo doors there is some resistance just before the silo doors completely close. When the adjustable knob is set at 7-9, and the silo doors are closed there is a slight difference in the gap between the center bar and the silo doors on each side. There is no difference at lower settings. I have boiled and soaked this razor in mineral oil twice, but have not been able to eliminate this problem. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

jim

I have that problem with one of mine too. I've read that it's a common problem.

It makes for an interesting shave when one side is gentle and the other side is noticeably more aggressive. :biggrin:

That's partly why I favor the 3 piece razors, less parts, less problems with blade gaps, again, never seen a 3 piece razor with a bent head or guide rails. They are simple and reliable. The 1-9 adjustables suffer from various problems, with silo doors, center post getting bent or guide rails bent, head bent on one side, problems with adjuster rings, TTO not locking down, etc...

I have that problem with one of mine too. I've read that it's a common problem.

It makes for an interesting shave when one side is gentle and the other side is noticeably more aggressive. :biggrin:

so is that considered a home made slant? :biggrin:

Top Bottom