What's new

Four Weeks In Transit = Skunked Fragrance?

Ordered a bottle of Pen's BB on eBay from a seller with thousands of positive feedback, who sells exclusively Pen's merchandise. Reached out to him after 2 weeks from date of payment; he was really polite and informed me the method he uses to ship (from UK to USA) usually takes 3 - 6 weeks. In other words, it gets sent the least expensive, and therefore slowest, method possible.

Arrived today after being in transit for 4 weeks. I was really excited initially. But I haven't opened it yet; it lost its allure after a month long wait. I know keeping frag in heat is a 'no-no.' Here, it was regularly quite warm for most of those four weeks; no clue on the temperatures in the hull of whatever boat it came across the Atlantic in.

I'm fearing there was too much heat and it 'changed' this otherwise fine bottle of BB.

Should I be this worried? Would you be? Its just so bizarre that he has such high feedback, deals exclusively in Pen's frags, yet ships them via such a half-arsed delivery method (I would have gladly paid a little more to get it here in less than a month had I known the method of delivery).

Open it up if he has great feedback he doesn't want any negative feedback so I would think he would make it right. I have not had a purchase on Ebay that I was not happy with the seller refused to make things right.

Open it and have a sniff. If your truly unhappy message him, but be sure it's the scent and not just you not liking it.

I would hazard to say the scent was shipped to the US via plane, not boat, and was just delayed due to shipment method. I'd also say that one should never, ever, no matter how highly sellers are rated, or how great the product photo looks, buy any fragrance off ebay.

http://frompyrgos.blogspot.com/

The thing with Blenheim Bouquet is that I find it inordinately weak and short-lived. If your experience is the same with this bottle, don't think it necessarily has anything to do with the slow ship time.

It is beloved here, but brand new samples from in store at Lucky Scent's Scent Bar only lasted a half hour on me. I find it a great fragrance for men who don't like wearing fragrance.

I'll um . . . get back to you guys when I find the package. It seems to have gone missing during a weekend-long cleaning frenzy.

:001_unsur

Also, some packages end up in customs for up to a month or so anyway. Happened to me with a case of toothpaste and several items from China....

I'll um . . . get back to you guys when I find the package. It seems to have gone missing during a weekend-long cleaning frenzy.

:001_unsur

Same thing hit my house--I couldn't even find my laptop this morning.

Keep your expectations low. As StylinLA said, BB is faint and fleeting. As long as you don't expect a fragrance bomb, you should be pleased.

Also, some packages end up in customs for up to a month or so anyway. Happened to me with a case of toothpaste and several items from China....

I ship perfumes internationally quite often and it is not at all uncommon for it to take 6-8 weeks, so four weeks is not bad. Depending on the start and end locations, it can take a week but often takes several. I also wouldn't worry about what may have happened to it en route. It's no different from Pen's shipping a case of fragrances to a retail store here in the US. Your BB is likely perfectly fine.

Top Bottom