What's new

Acquisitions for October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started shaving on 08-09-2011 when I first posted to B&B with this setup...
proxy.php

I was kind of embarrassed at my setup and decided to learn about and try a gamut of products as WCS is about an hour away from my house. I ended up with a few goodies from that first day that I am going to call: My 2 month Score. (Martin De Candre has since joined the club and La Toja has departed)

proxy.php

And my work setup for those quick shaves...

proxy.php

I have a strop and about 8 straights that are not in the picture but you guys get the idea. When my sig says I'm heavily influenced by enablers it's not joking :)

Last edited:
How do you like the tabac shave soap? I started in august as well, and am close to the end of my Vintage Blades triple milled soap. Looking for directions to go from here.

I actually hated the smell of it and made fun of people who used it. But since the Tabactober thread got started, I decided to forget about smell and join in on the fun. Believe it or not it is my second quickest lathering soap (next to MdC) also the smell grew on me within about 30 seconds of face lathering. I love MWF but to my shock I reach for Tabac more than I do MFW just because there ease of lathering and the fact that Tabac lathers so thick I can get 4 passes out of my Simpson Classic.
I also really like the Arlington shave soap. Two solid choices for you to get started.
Also get a tub of razorock. Its cheap and they have different scents that you can pick from. Great soft soap option.
Haha as you can tell I like my soaps. Can't pick just one.

Last edited:
Now that I've recieved what all that I plan to buy this month, here are my acquisitions for this month.

An 11/16 Wagner & Lange with a worked spine and a 13/16 Toyo Sheon Burg.
$photo1325.jpg$photo1327w.jpg

WCS score: Norton 4k/8k waterstone and Norton Flattening Stone , Floid Amber Special Edition (smells like my grandfather), Portland General Store Tabacco AS plus the Martin de Candre unscented from the group buy (Thanks again Price)
More to come when the mail gets here...
proxy.php

proxy.php

Mail just arrived lol.
First up my HUGE Italian Barber Razorock order just arrived. 3 Artisan shave soaps...
proxy.php

and 3 Artisan soaps...
proxy.php

and (really excited for this) RazoRock Italian Master Barber Limited Edition Shave Soap
proxy.php

plus a Razorock Alum stick.
And from the B/S/T my Genco straight
proxy.php

and 2 other blades that need some TLC. All in all a great day to have the day off work. :)

Just got these today from Mensbiz. I've never tried any of them except Proraso, so I'm looking forward to the next few months.

$DSC00464.jpg

Nathan's great in that he always sends me these little potato snacks with every order :drool:

Some new toys. I got one of the shaving sets for a friend who is just starting out, and one for me because for $6.99 I really like the bowl, and needed soap anyway, the brush should be fun to try too.

Attachments

• $Belvidere-20111010-00014.jpg
    $Belvidere-20111010-00014.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 501
  • $Belvidere-20111010-00015.jpg
    $Belvidere-20111010-00015.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 499
  • $Belvidere-20111010-00012.jpg
    $Belvidere-20111010-00012.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 500
If I would have known I were going to buy more today I would have waited to take pictures :001_tt2:

Attachments

• $IMG-20111012-00027.jpg
    $IMG-20111012-00027.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 449
  • $IMG-20111012-00029.jpg
    $IMG-20111012-00029.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 449
  • $IMG-20111012-00028.jpg
    $IMG-20111012-00028.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 450
I nabbed 2 cased OCMM's on the bay a few days ago, $3.75 for both (plus $4 shipping) I already have one but it's my favorite razor and I couldn't pass on that deal to grab some backups. They look to be in fine shape but I'm waiting on the mail to deliver them in the next few days, I'll post pics then.

As promised in an earlier post, here are my October OCMM acquisitions from the bay. All for $12 total shipping included. Gotta love finding the deals!

$GEDC0296.jpg

$GEDC0297.jpg

$GEDC0298.jpg

Here is my phone! And FYI I am NOT on at&t. I am on verizon. (This is a pic of my roomates! :)

Attachments

• $IMG_0014.jpg
    $IMG_0014.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 378
My 'new' 1920 Big Fellow. I love razors in wooden cases. Even high end razors today don't come with a case this nice. You can imagine these being sanded and lacquered with pride in the South Boston factory. If you can't, I've got a picture from 1923 !

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My 'new' 1920 Big Fellow. I love razors in wooden cases. Even high end razors today don't come with a case this nice. You can imagine these being sanded and lacquered with pride in the South Boston factory. If you can't, I've got a picture from 1923 !

Hard to beat that! That is one beautiful razor. Great score!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom