What's new

Acquisitions for October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea how old it is or what the bristles are yet. Made in the USA, and looks like horsehair maybe? Plenty of backbone, not that scratchy while dry on the hand. Maybe you guys can tell me more.

Probably Boar bristles (dyed to resemble badger). Nice find. If you don't like those bristles, it would be a fairly simple project to replace them with a nice badger knot.

OK, here we go. Thanks to Natchez I got my hands on this BEAST! I measured the bottom of the knot at the handle at a whopping 34mm. I am looking forward to restoring this once I find a knot worthy of the handle;

This will be my first brush handle that was anywhere near worthy of a restore that I have gotten my hands on.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger

"Big Green" FP with extra ink carts (and bonus pack of Lords) from Dave at Benton Clay
300 Rapira SS (with bonus pack of Zorriks) from BestShave
Parker shavette with Derby 1/2-blades from the BST
5 chess books from Amazon
and that slab of Play Dough is ~670g of P.160 :001_wub: from the BST

... oh, and a nice shiny chrome Futur from Bob Farvour @ Bardstown Custom Shave that I forgot to include in the pic

All in all.... It's a GREAT month so far :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple Rapira's in the den that were included as a "bonus". I keep meaning to give them a try...it appears you are a big fan.

TOBS Lavender, Lemon/Lime, RazoRock Fresco, JM Fraser's Oriental Spice, Thater brush, Dovo Astral 5/8 SR, Shavex Alum Block

I have had some great finds this month but this is one of the best:

F-4 Gillette Toggle Adjustable - User Grade - $65

proxy.php

By chrissimmonds at 2011-10-20
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

R

Rsq

I just scored myself two nos heljestrands for less than 50$/a pop
Hooah
A no. 3 and a no. 33

I just flew back into Australia yesterday (and boy are my arms tired... :001_tongu) after a month long vacation. I can't tell you how hard I had to fight the AD's while I was away, those hotel bills are really a killer when you travel for that long.

Here are some of the little things I did pick up.

Some Arko and Clubman from Pastuer's Pharmacy in NY. Two cheap items I have been wanting to try but have not been worth the cost of posting internationally.

Some Euro Palmolive from London. Same deal, not worth posting but I'll stock up when near the source.

An Alcatraz shaving mug. :wink2:

A nice butterscotch handle for restore, found by SWMBO. (She's getting the hang of this...)

And a Ivory scaled Jaques Lecoultre frameback from a flea market in Manhattan. The seller had a half dozen razors I wanted, but my budget being what it was, this seemed like the pick of the litter.

proxy.php

Jaques Lecoultre framebacks are some of the BEST shaving razors once you've got them dialed in - you did well!

Just received my Trufitt and Hill sampler pack in the mail, all bundled in a nice velvet pouch, which is a nice touch. 16 samples of all their goodies including aftershave and preshave oil. It's $10, but with a B&B discount, it's $8.50...and free shipping!

+1 i'm still using my from months ago...i pull them out when i go camping in the trailer, pack up a few matching creams/lotions and enjoy them for 2 shaves per package.

when i run out, i'll be ordering more

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Got some stuff from the Good Oil company in Australia. They used to be known as Marijuana Moisture... They are the ones behind the Hemp Shaving Stick. I got some sticks and some bar of bath soap. I don't think they indicate all the ingredients on their website but I will try what we shouldn't do, use a bath soap as a shaving soap. I got 3 different "flavours" I find them a bit expensive but that's me... The bars are supposed to last 4 time longer than a regular bar of soap...

Every item is 90 grams.

Shaving stick: Peppermint scented
Soaps: Lavender, Lemon-myrtle and Bush Rose. The rose is actually very nice... If I can't use them as is, I might try to melt with an unscented glycerin soap and see how I go... Anyways, the score!
attachment.php

$Good Oil Bush Rose Soap 1.jpg
$Good Oil Lavender Soap 1.JPG
$Good Oil Lemon Myrtle Soap 1.jpg
$Good Oil Hemp Shaving Stick 1.JPG
$Good Oil Hemp Shaving Stick 2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom