What's new

Acquisitions for October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay,

SENSATIONAL! Was this one of the ones you beat me on????

Interesting the largely female workforce in the pic.

DCWEBSTER you have one of the nicest older razors I have ever seen.................museum quality. Enjoy

I believe you may be talking about shekoujay's 1920 Big Fellow I was just qouting him, I agree with you though, what an amazing razor!! Simply gorgeous! Ican only wish it was mine.

My 'new' 1920 Big Fellow. I love razors in wooden cases. Even high end razors today don't come with a case this nice. You can imagine these being sanded and lacquered with pride in the South Boston factory. If you can't, I've got a picture from 1923 !

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great set & beautiful photos. Congratulations on such an amazing score. Thanks for posting these photos!

An unamed German 3-piece razor most likely from the 1930s -- or is it the early 1950s? The box is unlabeled and the razor looks totally unused. Until I use it...
proxy.php

proxy.php

Carboard box with the most exacting image of the razor.

proxy.php

And at $20 delivered, the price was right for this lettle beauty.

My 'new' 1920 Big Fellow. I love razors in wooden cases. Even high end razors today don't come with a case this nice. You can imagine these being sanded and lacquered with pride in the South Boston factory. If you can't, I've got a picture from 1923 !

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I don't have razor envy very often. But. Damn!!! I am impressed with that purchase. I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE, I WANT ONE!!!!

[

I don't know where or how you scored that, but its GORGEOUS!

Congrats!

I would like to thank Bill Jack of The Shaving room UK for the excellent work he has just done for me in producing 2 beautiful custom made shaving brushes. Further details have been given in the Brushes Section.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Bill was an absolute Gentleman to deal with and very patient at my constant changing of the spec and my lack of knowledge on the technical issues. He also went out of his way to track down the relevant materials.

Last edited:
Picked up a bottle of Brooks Brothers 1818 cologne.

I don't usually wear the stuff but figured I could use it on special occasions.

Also I'm becoming a fan of Simpson brushes after my Duke III purchase.

Got this Case with container.

Attachments

• $IMG_0978.jpg
    $IMG_0978.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:
$DSC02377.jpg

New-in-case Hoffritz Slant w/Hoffritz blades (Case marked "Germany", so post-reunification), early Fat-Handle Tech, long-comb New Improved w/Tuckaway handle, short-comb New Improved w/thick bar handle, two Fatboys, Schick Krona, Gillette Ladies TTO, full Shulton OS in Ship's Lantern decanter, full Shulton OS Limited Edition, and for a novelty, some Grand Leader blades.

"Look, dear, they followed me home! Can I keep 'em?"

Out antiquing at some of the local shops with the wife and her girlfriend yesterday and did surprisingly well:

1) Hershey's Cocoa Butter Shaving Soap - wooden bowl and soap! ($12.00) Probably produced in late 1940s-early 1950s.
View attachment 195464

2) Schick Injector (Type "G") and Blades ($8.00)
$P1050396.jpg

3) Gold Gillette Ball-End Tech
$P1050394.jpg

Both razors in very good to excellent condition, minimal cleanup required.

4) Also picked up a cheap, unused Chinese boar brush for a couple of dollars. It looks nice but I'll probably pass it on in a future PIF.
$P1050389.jpg

Last edited:
It was a nice day in Indiana to get out and roam a bit. For 3 bucks I couldn't pass this up

proxy.php
proxy.php

I have no idea how old it is or what the bristles are yet. Made in the USA, and looks like horsehair maybe? Plenty of backbone, not that scratchy while dry on the hand. Maybe you guys can tell me more.

Attachments

• $IMG_20111016_204322.jpg
    $IMG_20111016_204322.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 288
  • $IMG_20111016_204421.jpg
    $IMG_20111016_204421.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Got this off eBay a couple of days ago, Ever Ready 150 restored by it's previous owner with a 2 Band Badger Knot and some weight added to the handle. It's my first badger brush and fast becoming my favourite for now!

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom