What's new

Acquisitions for October 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received yesterday (and subsequently used last night) this brand new CH3 from Simpsons (bought at T&H with 15% off coupon code):

proxy.php

proxy.php

Went to a new antique store for the first time, and I am so happy to say I found this beautiful E-4 Fatboy! It is in case with the original blades and instructions, in plastic. It even has the little sheet that says 'Intstructions enclosed with dispenser' all for the lowly sum of $15.00. I knew October was a great month for reasons other than it being the month of my birth!

Attachments

• $P4020003.jpg
    $P4020003.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 478
  • $P4020008.jpg
    $P4020008.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 478
  • $P4020007.jpg
    $P4020007.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 480
  • $P4020002.jpg
    $P4020002.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 478
  • $P4020006.jpg
    $P4020006.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 479
While visiting a friend of mine, shaving came up as a topic. A little bit into the conversation he says "Wait a minute, I've got something for you." It turns out he was helping to take care of an estate and he saved this razor from going into the dumpster and graciously gave it to me.

The instructions are long gone and the blades in the pic are newer than the razor (but still older than me!) and the case shows signs of use. I put in a new blade after cleaning it up a bit and tried the razor out - I got an excellent shave!

Looks like the pic upload did not work as I expected. For the curious, the razor is a Fatboy!

Attachments

• $Fatboy.jpg
    $Fatboy.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
While visiting a friend of mine, shaving came up as a topic. A little bit into the conversation he says "Wait a minute, I've got something for you." It turns out he was helping to take care of an estate and he saved this razor from going into the dumpster and graciously gave it to me.
attachment.php

The instructions are long gone and the blades in the pic are newer than the razor (but still older than me!) and the case shows signs of use. I put in a new blade after cleaning it up a bit and tried the razor out - I got an excellent shave!

I don't know if it is just me but the picture didn't show on my end, may be that I am using google chrome, just thought I'd let you know.

Went to a new antique store for the first time, and I am so happy to say I found this beautiful E-4 Fatboy! It is in case with the original blades and instructions, in plastic. It even has the little sheet that says 'Intstructions enclosed with dispenser' all for the lowly sum of $15.00. I knew October was a great month for reasons other than it being the month of my birth!
It's a beaut all right.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

An Ever Ready 1912 found locally and a couple of UK high street brushes to experiment with.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine in the mail today. To good a deal, with our 15% discount (BB11), and free shipping I couldn't pass it up. The black bag is full of samples of all the creams and aftershave balm's that Truefitt & Hill produce. Nice surprise from a company that has always provided me with great customer service.

That is an awesome score! Where did you get that Winnie the Pooh cup dispenser?!

Looks like the pic upload did not work as I expected. For the curious, the razor is a Fatboy!

I'm glad to see you saved this little guy! great looking razor and its not just because I just got one too!

One of the local antique stores called me because they got some razors in and I snagged 2 of them! 1 patent 1904 single ring from 1908, and a 56' Red Tip. The single ring is almost flawless I think baking soda bath would make her shine! I am toying with the idea of leaving the tarnish though it has an interesting look to it, or just doing the baking soda bath on the top and bottom piece so it would be silver then black then silver haven't quite decided yet.

Attachments

• $Rags to Vintage.jpg
    $Rags to Vintage.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 410
  • $Rags to Vintage 2.jpg
    $Rags to Vintage 2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 408
Full of that good Shulton juice! Only a quarter at a neighborhood garage sale.

$Old Spice LH.jpg

Also scored a Gillette Spoiler pack with two new blades left for a dime! Not a bad Saturday!

I've slowed down to a near standstill on razor purchasing here in the last 2 months (thanks you folks in the Nib forum!!!!). I couldn't pass on this today though as I had gotten rid of all my other bluetips. The razor is darn near perfect except for some really faint spotting right near the edges of the middle of the silo doors, which I was afraid to go after. Missing just a speck of paint on the edge of the TTO knob. The case has a little bit of faint spiderweb on the back edge of the cover, but otherwise it is in really fine shape. Looks pretty good after just a dish soap and toothbrush bath. All for the princely sum of $12.

Just need to get a blade dispenser and that'll be that!!!!

proxy.php

Last edited:
Today I got a tube of Penhaligons Opus 1870 aftershave balm and Blenheim Bouquet shaving cream.

proxy.php

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
I just flew back into Australia yesterday (and boy are my arms tired... :001_tongu) after a month long vacation. I can't tell you how hard I had to fight the AD's while I was away, those hotel bills are really a killer when you travel for that long.

Here are some of the little things I did pick up.

Some Arko and Clubman from Pastuer's Pharmacy in NY. Two cheap items I have been wanting to try but have not been worth the cost of posting internationally.

Some Euro Palmolive from London. Same deal, not worth posting but I'll stock up when near the source.

An Alcatraz shaving mug. :wink2:

A nice butterscotch handle for restore, found by SWMBO. (She's getting the hang of this...)

And a Ivory scaled Jaques Lecoultre frameback from a flea market in Manhattan. The seller had a half dozen razors I wanted, but my budget being what it was, this seemed like the pick of the litter.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom