What's new

Has there been a New Jersey Get Together?

Thanks to whomever put the Hero 616 and ink on the free table. I cleaned it out, put some fresh ink in it and have been using it for the last two days. In the future, when someone asks me how I started using fountain pens I can tell them the exact date and circumstances. I foresee another AD.

Excellent...glad someone ended up with it! I think the ink that was left was Five O'Clock Shadow, but I'm not really sure. What color is it? And how do you like the brush?

Might be five o'clock shadow, put a little on a towel and you could see a bright green halo.

The brush is treating me very well. I've wanted to try TGN finest for a while. I face lathered with a BEA stick two days a row with very good results. I'll give the Cade I got from Rudy a go for the next two days but I'll be using my Caravela.

Remember that MWF I showed around that had the crystalline stucture on it? I thought that crystal had developed over the course of a year or so, because that's how long the bowl sat undisturbed before I opened it again, and I decided to just leave it that way and covered it with Saran Wrap to protect it.

But I decided to start using the soap again, and guess what? That crystalline lather reappeared the very next day! And it looks even better than it did before ... I'm more of a cream guy, so I don't know that much about soaps, but I've never seen any other brand do that besides MWF.

I don't think its the Tallow, because my other Tallow soaps don't crystallize like that ... so what is it? Could it be the Lanolin that's in MWF?

Remember that MWF I showed around that had the crystalline stucture on it? I thought that crystal had developed over the course of a year or so, because that's how long the bowl sat undisturbed before I opened it again, and I decided to just leave it that way and covered it with Saran Wrap to protect it.

But I decided to start using the soap again, and guess what? That crystalline lather reappeared the very next day! And it looks even better than it did before ... I'm more of a cream guy, so I don't know that much about soaps, but I've never seen any other brand do that besides MWF.

I don't think its the Tallow, because my other Tallow soaps don't crystallize like that ... so what is it? Could it be the Lanolin that's in MWF?

Well soap is salt so thats what you may be looking at I would guess. I missed that show and tell.

Might be five o'clock shadow, put a little on a towel and you could see a bright green halo.

The brush is treating me very well. I've wanted to try TGN finest for a while. I face lathered with a BEA stick two days a row with very good results. I'll give the Cade I got from Rudy a go for the next two days but I'll be using my Caravela.

That BEA stick is a real sleeper- blows arko out of the water, I was very impressed with it.

Well, I received the Captain's package today, WAY sooner than I expected. It has a really pleasing aroma, and I look forward to using it regularly.
Thank you all again for a great day!! Let's make it happen again soon.

So I have been poking around for a while and found this. Seeing that there hasn't been a post on here since late last year I'm proposing another meetup!

Strange request: I am actually moving to the Orange area (from the midwest) in about a month and would look forward to being shown around to the local shoppes and possibly a pub or eatery.

I was thinking about planning another NY/NJ meetup soon. Great minds think alike, I guess! I'd be in for another NJ. Get together as long as the food's as good as last time :drool:

Top Bottom