What's new

Chanel Cuir De Russie Parfum v. EDT

I'm seriously considering a purchase and I've tried and liked the EDT but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the Parfum.

I assume you are asking about current formulations. I have tried the EdT. I was a little bit disappointed. It seems like the aldehydes and floral notes were the front runners leaving the birch tar leather in a very distant backseat. I don't know how the current EdP compares, but have read that the leather note is no more prominent in it than in the EdT as I would hope, so I have not invested in chasing a sample.

The vintage versions are supposedly much heavier in the leather department, but come at an insane price tag. At that point, I would probably opt to buy Creed's CdR, but I'd really love to try the vintage Chanel at some point. Or maybe I don't.... :lol:

Last edited:
You know, I'm one of those people that hasn't fallen head over heals for Chanel's CdR. I like it, don't get me wrong, it's a floral leather ("floriental") with strong aldehyde notes and it's nice and all but doesn't give me enough of the birch that I need. It's more suede-like than anything else. It sort of reminds me of how Guerlain's Vetiver pour elle is to vetiver fragrances, but for leathers - except that I really like Vpe. The vintage has a sort of buttery characteristic that I like, something common with a lot of vintage leathers and "florientals." I haven't tried any of the parfums, though, so I can't add anything there. Seems like a have a sample of the parfum somewhere, might have to check and see.

This is discouraging - I was hoping that the leather notes in the parfum would be more pronounced vs. the EDT. I'm basically looking for something closer to the vintage Tabac Blonde (I know, me and everyone else in the world) and although I think the Cuir De Russie has potential the EDT was more powdery and less leather.

This is discouraging - I was hoping that the leather notes in the parfum would be more pronounced vs. the EDT. I'm basically looking for something closer to the vintage Tabac Blonde (I know, me and everyone else in the world) and although I think the Cuir De Russie has potential the EDT was more powdery and less leather.

The parfum just might. My experiences with parfums vs. edt's in general is that the more concentrated has a denser base dose, which is where you're going to find that leather. I think your rationale is good, but Chanel CdR parfum is not an inexpensive gamble unless you can find a sample. And then, it still may not come close to vintage Tabac Blonde.

From all indications that I have read, you will not get what you want with the current EdP formulation. Maybe with the vintage, but as previously mentioned, I can't opine.

Top Bottom