What's new

Questions About Apothecary Style Mugs vs “Regular” Mugs?

What is the correct way to hold an apothecary style shaving mug? A picture would help a lot.

For those of you who prefer the apothecary style over the regular coffee mug style , can you explain/discuss your preference?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
The knob is a thumb grab. Palm up, bowl resting in your hand, grasp knob with thumb.

You hold it like so...

proxy.php

You hold it like so...

proxy.php

I think that is the heavy teutonic mug from Knife Center. That is the exact mug I have and my favorite by far. In fact, I have 2 just because. Nice wide, tapered walls for ample room to swirl the brush on the puck and a high quality heavy, solid feel in your hand so you can really load up.

The only thing that outdoes it in terms of thickness is Schwarzweisskeramik mugs and scuttles. Now those are in their own category of solid.

Last edited:
I think that is the heavy teutonic mug from Knife Center. That is the exact mug I have and my favorite by far. In fact, I have 2 just because. Nice wide, tapered walls for ample room to swirl the brush on the puck and a high quality heavy, solid feel in your hand so you can really load up.

The only thing that outdoes it in terms of thickness is Schwarzweisskeramik mugs and scuttles. Now those are in their own category of solid.

Bingo. I love this mug. :thumbup:

Top Bottom