What's new

Merkur 34 HD vs EJ89

As the others have said, the finish on the Mühle is better and the Merkur is somewhat more aggressive.

Discussion

There are plenty of other threads comparing these two modern classics if you would care to search for them.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Edwin Jagger DE89 has a superior Chrome finish, but the HD shaves closer and better. Obviously, that's my opinion.

The EJ89 has a smoother finish as mentioned and the shave is very forgiving.

As for the Merkur, the finish is OK and I found it shaves a tad more aggressive.

Both are nice razors but I prefer EJ and Muhle razors over the Merkurs.

Oh course YMMV.

I use both of these razors on occasion. Infact, I used the Merkur HD yesterday and I plan on using it today also. As others have mentioned the EJ is quality fit/finish is top notch. The Merkur HD I have has decent plating and finish, but it's Spartan compared to the EJ. They are about the same in aggression, edge going slightly to the Merkur.

Man an ej loaded with a feather is capable of mowing throw any style of beard imo. Ive owned both, i sold my 34c well over 6 months ago, and i really havent misssed it. The ej is as aggressive but smoother, especially noticable on the neck strokes. You will see what i mean in time.....u will end up with both, eventually, so buy either, for now! :)

Top Bottom