What's new

Do you use you aftershave for every shave?

How often do you use aftershave?

• Every shave

• Only special occasions

• Never

• What's aftershave?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've been using an aftershave after every shave. I know people who don't use aftershave at all or only on special occasions. How often do people here use aftershave?

I do also have an alum block but I haven't used it for a few months. I should try it again soon.

Last edited:
You should have had a few other choices. :) I don't use it every time, but I would say about 75% of the time. I chose "special occasion" as being those special occasions when I feel like it, or maybe it's the special occasions that I don't feel like it that I don't wear it.

A lot has to do on what soap I'm shaving with. If I'm shaving with MdC, Provence Sante, MWF I'm less likely to put on an aftershave balm than if I'm using something that is pretty drying like Valobra (stick), Arko, Speick, Williams (vintage) or such.

I do use aftershave every single time... I feel it helps close the pores and conditions my skin. I also like the way it smells! :)

Tom

You should have had a few other choices. :) I don't use it every time, but I would say about 75% of the time. I chose "special occasion" as being those special occasions when I feel like it, or maybe it's the special occasions that I don't feel like it that I don't wear it.

A lot has to do on what soap I'm shaving with. If I'm shaving with MdC, Provence Sante, MWF I'm less likely to put on an aftershave balm than if I'm using something that is pretty drying like Valobra (stick), Arko, Speick, Williams (vintage) or such.

Can I edit my poll to have more choices?

I use Aftershave after every shave, and I have quite a few differnt choices. Currently in use are: Aqua Velva Ice Sport, Vintage Avon Wild Country, Vintage Avon Tai Winds, and Stetson Cooling Moisture.

I have Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Skin Bracer, Master Bay Rum, Clubman, Vintage Avon Everest, Barbasol Pacific Rush, Aqua Velva Musk, Old Spice, and Flag and Sail Musk waiting in the wings.

Alum after almost every shave. Occasionally I use Ogallala limes and peppercorns instead. Nivea ASB sensitive if I butcher myself but luckily haven't needed any in a long time.

I almost never used aftershaves before my recent conversion to DE wetshaving; they were for special events and date night. I used them as a reward for putting up with a particularly close shave, which meant splurging on a brand-new Gillette Atra cartridge and pressing a little harder than normal.

I am now discovering aftershaves aren't just for impressing the lady, and I'm making up for lost time by applying some after every shave now.

I always "finish" with a splash of aftershave it's like stretching before a run,in my opinion the shave isn't complete without the splash !

Top Bottom