What's new

Post Your Pictures - The Legendary Bokers

My as-of-yet-unrestored Boker Red Injun 301 with original scales.

Not sure if I will do the restore or post on BST.

Attachments

• $boker 301.jpg
    $boker 301.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 666
Telly has the only other one of these that i've seen with all the trimmings. And his looks in better condition than mine. Plus he has the gold Tree Brand logo and i have the silver

$DSC05598.JPG
$DSC05599.JPG
$DSC05600.JPG

6/8ths King Cutter from Tom @ Revisor:

proxy.php

6/8ths Inox out of a vendor in Hawaii that sells mostly Japanese blades. Not so sure but yours might be more rare, Walker.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Oooooo!! Another one!! Great pic. Next to my Le Grelot 1/4 grind it's my best shaver. They may be all over the place for all i know. Other than Telly's and now yours they are the only ones that i have seen in mint condition.

This was one of my first restorations, an 11/16 hollow ground Boker. It's also the first razor I honed myself. It shaves nicely. The original bakelite scales were trashed so I replaced them with purpleheart wood and a torquoise wedge.

Attachments

• $Razor and brush 080.jpg
    $Razor and brush 080.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 550
  • $Razor and brush 083.jpg
    $Razor and brush 083.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 554
Here's my one and only Boker, a Red Injun, pretty much the way it came to me
proxy.php

I've since cleaned it up some-
proxy.php

It's a nice shaver for me:001_tt2: FWIW, the fellow I bought it from (ebay) said he found it at an estate sale in Oil City PA. I paid $35 for it including shipping IIRC. The pivot pin is tight, the blade centers well between the schales. it takes an edge nicely...holds it well too:001_005:

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Before:

proxy.php

proxy.php

After:

proxy.php

I got this in an eBay auction last week.

The auction was for three razors
  • A Durham Duplex in near mint condition (with safety guard)
  • An abused and broken-scaled Wester & Butz De~Fi
  • And this Boker which simply needs a little TLC
I got all three for $20.50 US which is including shipping. I went to work on it with a little Simichrome and some elbow grease. It needs more work, but is coming along nicely. I am sorry my images are not better.

-Darby
Auburn, CA

Last edited:
Here's my only Boker the only marking on the tang is the tree logo which looks like the design from the 30's the blade is etched "Bazar DeVelasco Manila"
Haven't cleaned it up yet it needs alot of work but I thought it was pretty neat when I found it$10-14-11 007.jpg

Fine shavers. I have a king cutter, an "our own" hardware model, and this one which has some very fine micarta:

Attachments

• $boker.jpg
    $boker.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 484
proxy.php
[/IMG]

Yesterday I scored a cased 5/8 King Cutter made by Boker cira-1924-1935
So Sweet..............Can't wait to start using her.

This is my only Boker, a nice Extra Hollow square point with a lovely celluloid handle. It came extensively covered with shallow rust. The etching is deep so it cleaned up nicely and retained the etch. It sharpens easily and gives a nice smooth shave. I'd certainly take another Boker after using this one.

$Boker.JPG

boker sublime, the blade etch of the word sublime just couln't get to photo. its a 5/8 with no hone wear. thought i would add this one to. it is just 5 1/4 " long closed, a baby for sure. tom

Attachments

• $Picture 203.jpg
    $Picture 203.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Top Bottom