What's new

Wow

Never posted a shave experience before but after almost 2 years of DE shaving, I just had my most remarkable shave, thanks to my latest cream and razor purchase. Here it is:

Shavemac 22079
TOBS Avocado
Edwin Jagger D89 Barley with a fresh Feather
Sul filo del Rasoio (by Proraso) aftershave

Face lathered. Just terrific.

Peter

Last edited:
why is the edwin jagger razor so good compared to other razors ??

what's all the fuss about ?

I don't know, but I gotta agree that the EJ's are excellent. I'm actually getting rid of my two Merkurs because I don't use them anymore after buying my EJ razor.

The EJ is smooth without compromising closeness. It's really well-balanced and works particularly well with sharp blades like Feathers or Astras. And they are beautifully crafted (I have a Chatsworth in ivory as well). I actually love the look of the Merkurs and Gillettes - solid and practical. The EJ's are a bit more refined with top notch chroming and handles. Sort of like a Seiko vs a Raymond Weil.

Thanks all. By the way, I originally posted this thread in Shave of the Day but someone moved it to the Newbie forum. Any idea why/how?

Congratulations. I always love reading success stories.

I own a Jagger DE89L and not only is the fit and finish exquisitely first rate, it is also the smoothest shaving safety razor I own.

Happy Shaving!

Congratulations. I always love reading success stories.

I own a Jagger DE89L and not only is the fit and finish exquisitely first rate, it is also the smoothest shaving safety razor I own.

Happy Shaving!

+1. Welcome 2 B&B! I love the vintage Gillettes, but EJ89 is my everyday razor. It likes what I feed it too; Feathers, Astras, Shark, Perma-Sharp Russian.

Top Bottom