What's new

Mitchell's Woolfat convert

Well I've been wet shaving now for about 18 months and up until about a month ago I was a dedicated cream kind of guy. The good news was that I had narrowed my choice of cream down to one or two products and things were working really well. Then I started thinking about moving to soap for a little closer shave, after doing lot's of reading here (thanks to everyone for the great info), I decided to give Woolfat a try. After my first couple of days I was able to produce great lather on a repeated basis and this stuff rocks! For me it produces a smooth, comfortable, and close shave each and every day and I like the scent of the product as well. So no more looking back I'm a daily Mitchell's kind of guy from here on out. Life is simple now, a daily ritual with my chubby, 38c, and Woolfat sets me on my way!

If you haven't given Mitchell's a try, I'd give Lee a call and pick some up to give it a try. Have fun and happy shaving!

Oh yes, Mitchell's Woolfat is a fantastic soap, it's in my top 5....heck my top 3....OK ok, my top 1. In another thread I stated that i'd lie, cheat and steal, from little old ladies, to get my hands on some if it ever gets discontinued. I'm glad that you have been to discover this gold nugget.

Oh yes, Mitchell's Woolfat is a fantastic soap, it's in my top 5....heck my top 3....OK ok, my top 1. In another thread I stated that i'd lie, cheat and steal, from little old ladies, to get my hands on some if it ever gets discontinued. I'm glad that you have been to discover this gold nugget.

:lol: You're killing me.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

They'd have the wool pulled over their eyes ...

Somebody stop me! It's a bad-pun-AD :w00t:

I haven't tried it yet can someone describe the scent?

Sheep...

Seriously though, it has a very mild scent and to me it smells like...soap. Just a nice clean old-time soap. If you're looking for a scent explosion, you're not going to get it here. On the other hand, it doesn't interfere with any other scented products you want to use.

As for lathering, it takes some time to get the water/soap ratio right and you'll have to experiment a bit for what's right with you.

I really load up the brush and then gradually add water until I get the right consistency. The soap lasts a long time - even with my heavy hand.

This stuff is very nice - good glide and moisturizing.

Suzuki - I like triple milled soaps but most seem to be like that regarding the scent and lather. I got some Trumper's Limes recently and found it doesn't smell much like Lime but more like soap. I have figured out the lather and it makes for a great shave. Thanks for the info on MWF. I look forward to giving it a try in the future.

i have to agree with all the above sentiments regaurding MWF finaly i got the mix spot on and found stomping the brush in the mix REALY help get it very thick had a awsome shave with it i finaly see why a lot on here prefer soaps

Well after seeing people on here raving about MWF I decided to order a puck, and it arrived this morning. I had a shave with it earlier and all I can say is "wow", what a great soap. I made quite a thick lather as I was using a straight razor, and it gave me a superb shave, really really smooth.

I'd say it's definately as good if not better than anything else I've tried, and I've tried lots! :smile:

Top Bottom