What's new

Going Back To Carts For Good!

Lets get one thing straight. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to shave with a DE or SE. I am not asking for advice because I have already done that. I have experimented a GREAT deal with all kinds of blades and razors both DE and SE in my year long shaving journey. Bottom line is this DE or SE takes me at least four passes to get a close enough shave to pass for a whole day at work. Pro Glide takes me two! I have a really dense and tough beard so I'm pretty sure thats a big factor. Without any more boring details I have concluded its just not for me. I save time, my skin feels better, and I actually like shaving again. Just to re-iterate I would love to save money and DE/SE shave, but It just doesn't work for me, and the main factor is that the shave just isn't as close or comfortable as a Cartridge. I have to say I am not that disappointed either. I will still enjoy my soaps and creams and browsing around the forum as the Lone Cart User haha. Are there others out there like me?

You are not the lone cart user, but people who actually like the Fusion are not great in number around here. The Trac II/ Atra/ Sensor do tend to get a far amount of love though.

It comes down to what makes you happy and what works... if that happens to be a Fusion, then so be it. At any rate 40 years from now there will likely be a forum for people who miss the simplicity of a Fusion shave over whatever is then current. Before I built up the courage to use my Progress I used a brush and soap and shaved with a Schick Hydro 5 - I'm not embarassed by it and will say it did a pretty good job.

Lets get one thing straight. I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to shave with a DE or SE. I am not asking for advice because I have already done that. I have experimented a GREAT deal with all kinds of blades and razors both DE and SE in my year long shaving journey. Bottom line is this DE or SE takes me at least four passes to get a close enough shave to pass for a whole day at work. Pro Glide takes me two! I have a really dense and tough beard so I'm pretty sure thats a big factor. Without any more boring details I have concluded its just not for me. I save time, my skin feels better, and I actually like shaving again. Just to re-iterate I would love to save money and DE/SE shave, but It just doesn't work for me, and the main factor is that the shave just isn't as close or comfortable as a Cartridge. I have to say I am not that disappointed either. I will still enjoy my soaps and creams and browsing around the forum as the Lone Cart User haha. Are there others out there like me?

When you go back, look for a Trac II or an Atra. What you have learned for DE/SE will really pay off big time with a two blade cartridge and you can still save money over the four or five blade cartridges. Even though I use DE as my main razor, I use T2/Atra on my head, when I need to save time, or on travel. Nothing wrong with a Trac II or an Atra because they can really give you a very good shave.

You are not the lone cart user, but people who actually like the Fusion are not great in number around here. The Trac II/ Atra/ Sensor do tend to get a far amount of love though.
I actually have a sensor excel on the way! My local walmart had the carts but not the handle. They are half the price of the Pro Glides so I hope they work fairly well and I will use those!

Hey, if the Fusion ProGlide Gamer Super Tiger Philandering Power Ultimate with New Improved Lube Strip for those tender shaving areas floats yer boat, then so be it.

Your mileage, after all, may vary.

Last I checked, wet shaving equals water-based lather. Scrape it off with whatever floats your boat. As long as you're whippin' up yer own lather with water, you're still a wet-shaver in my book.

Top Bottom