What's new

Merkur Progress or Futur

I have both and don't really care for either. I find the Futur was to aggressive even on the 1-2 setting. I just dont get a comfortable shave with the Progress. if I had to choose one it would be the Progress. If you are stuck on the Futur I would get one of the Qshave knockoffs on AliExpress. I got one of them and it shaves pretty much exactly like the Futur and if anything it's a little less aggressive...and it's around $90 cheaper than a Futur here in Canada. If you are in Canada I would consider selling you my Progress if you were interested.

I have both and don't really care for either. I find the Futur was to aggressive even on the 1-2 setting. I just dont get a comfortable shave with the Progress. if I had to choose one it would be the Progress. If you are stuck on the Futur I would get one of the Qshave knockoffs on AliExpress. I got one of them and it shaves pretty much exactly like the Futur and if anything it's a little less aggressive...and it's around $90 cheaper than a Futur here in Canada. If you are in Canada I would consider selling you my Progress if you were interested.
I'm with you. Not a huge fan of either. Progress for the win because it can be mild Futur has settings from Aggressive to Suicidal. I much prefer my NT Vigour Futur clone to the actual Futur since it can dial down to a much milder setting.

Progress is my second favorite behind the r41
Don't have a futur yet.

I soon obtained 2 Futurs after that 2011 post, Satin and Chrome, also have Feather 1 and Feather 2. The Feather's and Satin Futur bumped the Long Progress and R41 several years ago.

After a 15 month beard I'm back to the Feather's and Futur!

Fantastic shaves from the 3 of these.

I soon obtained 2 Futurs after that 2011 post, Satin and Chrome, also have Feather 1 and Feather 2. The Feather's and Satin Futur bumped the Long Progress and R41 several years ago.

After a 15 month beard I'm back to the Feather's and Futur!

Fantastic shaves from the 3 of these.

Anyone not getting close enough shaves with the original Feather, I shimmed it with a rubber band, feels identical to the AS-D2 and why I equate the shavers as equals.
IMG_1219.jpg
IMG_1220.jpg

Top Bottom