What's new

Which Tissot should I get?

I cant decide between these watches. I am looking for a new everyday watch for both dress and casual wear. Which do you prefer? In a perfect world I might get #1 & #3, but can only afford one right now. Which is the better compromise? Last week I was leaning #3, but right now I might be leaning #1...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I would purchase #3 although #1 would be better suited for dress and casual wear. I think #3 would be more suitable for just dress wear.

I think #1 is more younger/sportier/faster. I am 32, and that is the one I would go with in fact I was very close to buying that watch a few months back(instead went with Seiko SKX007). It could be worn on various occasions. I think 3 is a nice watch too, but think it has more of a classy/dress up feel to it and would be uncomfortable wearing it with a tee or playing golf.

#1 is not a dress watch, although it is the one I like the most of the three you are considering. In most situations it will be fine with a suit and tie, but if you want a "dress watch" #1 just doesn't qualify. Of course, I'm not sure how much you can dress down #3.

I think 3 would look better with casual than 1 would look with dress, but it depends how dressed up you get. I wear a dive watch with my suits, and nobody complains.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I cant decide between these watches. I am looking for a new everyday watch for both dress and casual wear. Which do you prefer? In a perfect world I might get #1 & #3, but can only afford one right now. Which is the better compromise? Last week I was leaning #3, but right now I might be leaning #1...

Don't compromise. :001_unsur

I get the sense that you are wishing you could buy both ... but right now can only afford one; that you are destined to own two watches (or more) rather than just one-and-only.

So find the watch you really want for "dress" and the one you really want for "causual"; buy one of them and start saving up for the other. Which to buy first ... probably doesn't matter that much, really. (Unless your ideal casual watch is an Orange Monster or G-shock or something that just won't go with a suit. :ohmy:)

Of the three you have pictured, I like #1 the best as "dressy-casual" (taking the wife out for shopping and lunch on Saturday, not riding a mountain bike through mud). The blakc face appeals to me in that regard, boosting it over #2. (#2 is the ideal bastard-child hybrid being neither so dressy as to exclude casual altogether, nor so casual as to exclude dressy altogether ... but by being stuck in the middle it does neither particularly well.) #3 does not appeal to me ... something about the roman numerals ... not my cup of sheng.

I know you're asking for advice on which Tissot to purchase, and I don't mean to derail this thread, but my answer would be "none of the above."

My wife's Tissot began "running fast" a year after getting it.. it was a nuisance to keep having to roll the time back every few months.. I bought her another, thinking the problem was isolated to that particular watch.. same thing eventually happened with her 2nd Tissot. In the meantime, while I was still thinking the problem with the 1st Tissot was an anomaly, I bought myself a Tissot Touch.. the minute hand is off by a few minutes and the titanium band snapped where it connects to the watch. I know the minute hand is off, because in Compass mode, the minute hand isn't lined up straight with the hour hand.. the digital display always reads a few minutes behind where the minute hand is. Also.. the button on the side you push to enter "Touch" mode fell off. I purchased this watch at the Zurich airport, so I'm 99.9% certain it's authentic.. the only reason for the 0.1% doubt is I can't believe this company would put such garbage on the market.

Super annoying..
-\Visdom

Attachments

• $IMG_1845.jpg
    $IMG_1845.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 132
  • $IMG_1846.jpg
    $IMG_1846.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 131
  • $IMG_1847.jpg
    $IMG_1847.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 132
For me, I'd go with 2. I just like white face watches and prefer the design to 3. Three is a nice looking watch though.

As other have said, I think it depends on your purpose for the watch. If you are going to wear it everyday, go with 2. If you just want something to wear with a suit, 3 is the better choice.

I know you're asking for advice on which Tissot to purchase, and I don't mean to derail this thread, but my answer would be "none of the above."

My wife's Tissot began "running fast" a year after getting it.. it was a nuisance to keep having to roll the time back every few months.. I bought her another, thinking the problem was isolated to that particular watch.. same thing eventually happened with her 2nd Tissot. In the meantime, while I was still thinking the problem with the 1st Tissot was an anomaly, I bought myself a Tissot Touch.. the minute hand is off by a few minutes and the titanium band snapped where it connects to the watch. I know the minute hand is off, because in Compass mode, the minute hand isn't lined up straight with the hour hand.. the digital display always reads a few minutes behind where the minute hand is. Also.. the button on the side you push to enter "Touch" mode fell off. I purchased this watch at the Zurich airport, so I'm 99.9% certain it's authentic.. the only reason for the 0.1% doubt is I can't believe this company would put such garbage on the market.

Super annoying..
-\Visdom

To add to the derailment, if that's ok, the moment I saw the title of this thread I thought "None". Tissot used to be a lot better than they are now and you can get something better for the money. How much is the most expensive one? You might be able to get a Hamilton for the price and that is a very nice watch. Alternatives abound- Christopher Ward has a strong reputation and Citizen's Eco-Drive is bulletproof. Please don't get a Tissot.

Top Bottom