What's new

Kabrand Travel set

I've had a variety of travel sets -- leather cases (about the size of a large hardcover book) with containers for razors, brushes, soap, toothbrush, etc., and many of them have been quite beautiful, functional, and unique. But traveling by plane makes carrying these large cases somewhat impractical -- they may be more suitable for train and automobile travel.

Then I found a smaller version -- a smallish (about the size of a pack of cigarettes) leather case with a razor and blades only -- and think it will serve the purpose. And then I found a Kabrand DE razor version and think it may have found its place near & dear to me. It is hard to imagine a more attractive or functional razor & set.

Kabrand is a French razor maker, known primarily for their straight razors -- and have a limited history in the DE razor business. But here's one that could have set the standard for functionality and beauty.

proxy.php

Here's some examples of what I'm referring to re smallish travel sets-- with the Kabrand taking center stage.

proxy.php

Those other sets have Apollo razors in them.

Now for the focus on the Kabrand...
proxy.php

proxy.php

Beautiful leather case, blades, and a unique razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The finish seems more like brass than gold -- but in any case it is definitely 2-toned -- chrome and either brass or gold. And the most hefty of any of my razors. And notice that unique head attachment design.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Adjustable slant -- unlike anything else I've seen excepting my Bakelite German Fasan razor.

proxy.php

proxy.php

And it looks totally NOS -- just like new. And probably from the early 1950s.

proxy.php

Quite a charming set. At least for me...

thats bloody great....oh no sorry i fogot its hidious send it my way ill take it seeing as no one ealse would want it :drool::drool::drool::001_tt1::w00t:

Top Bottom