What's new

Question on shotgun's value

Hoping to avoid creating an account at a gun forum...maybe one of our members knows a bit more than me.

I have a pre-1984 Winchester 101 field model (over/under) in excellent condition with blued barrel/receiver/whatnot being offered to me for $800. Fair price?

The price is good, basically anything in the Winchester 101 range is worth $800 or more for a gun in V. Good condition; so in excellent condition it is probably over $1k. If you like it, need it and can afford it, go for it.

Last edited:
Depends.... does it look like it was used/abused? is the action tight? where is the tang, center or left of center? o/u have certain characteristics which show based on round count. if original owner, ask approx. round count. some folks don't like 101's cause they kick a bit.. I love em.. good reference for used prices is gunbroker..

I have a little 101 20 ga I purchased new at the Izmir, Turkey NATO rod and gun club back in 1973. Paid the grand sum of $200 for it. It has plain straight grained wood for the stock, but shoots so nice I would not part with it for 1K. It will probably be saved for my grandson.

Top Bottom