What's new

do you own any Frank's brush ?

hi guys, do you guys own Frank's brush or thinking to buy one for your collection.So how many FS brushes do you own and which ones, pic would be nice. I have 3 finest and 1 is on the way so 4 finest here.
have a nice day gents.

$DSC01281.jpg$DSC01283.jpg

Last edited:
I purchased the travel brush in finest. I've been using it for about 6 months and have not felt the need to upgrade to the Simpson Major or another more expensive travel brush. The brush has an insane amount of backbone. The softness is more best than finest, but I'm still happy.

I got a Frank Silvertip a little while ago, and I'm very happy with it - it's very soft, and works very nicely with creams and soft soaps (and with my very soft water, it's actually pretty good with hard soaps too). Only minor gripe is that the logo washed off within a couple of uses.

I also ordered a Finest a few weeks ago, just before I left the UK for a while (I'm in Thailand now), and I'm told it's sitting there waiting for me - it'll be another month before I can tell you what I think of it (or post any photos).

I've no idea how FS brushes compare with much more expensive Western made ones, and I'm probably unlikely to find out - I did harbor the notion of getting a Simpson or similar, but I really don't think I can justify paying 4 or 5 times the FS price for one.

I've no idea how FS brushes compare with much more expensive Western made ones, and I'm probably unlikely to find out - I did harbor the notion of getting a Simpson or similar, but I really don't think I can justify paying 4 or 5 times the FS price for one.

I second that opinion.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I have a Silvertip and this is my reveiw;

Price: Rating 10
Wonderful…at about $27.00 with shipping from China (if I don’t say so myself) :thumbup1:

Quality: Rating 8
Keeping in mind it's a Silvertip Brush…it is altogether a very well made brush. The knot is tight, dense with very fine hairs and the Faux Ivory handel is also well made, beside the ‘FS’ stamp that is beginning come off, but hey…it does not in any way detract away from the effectiveness of this Brush.

Density: Rating 5
Again, the knot is quite tight and dense and it hasn't shed many hairs in my months of use thus far.

Stiffness of Tips: Rating 7
The Brush’s tips are very supple and the ’bloom’ neatly resembles a beautiful ‘bulb’ shape. Compared to my Caswell Massey Pure Badger Hair Brush with a medium mock ivory handle, which has quite stiff tips, the FS Silvertip is in a class by itself. ‘Floppy’ might be too strong a word, but I would classify the FS Silvertip Brush as ‘supple’ and ‘flexible…a pure ‘joy’ to run one’s hand through the ‘bloom’.

Softness of Tips: Rating 8
The bristles are very fine, very striking (with a natural white to off-white colouring), and quite bushy. The knot is compressed adequately in my opinion to keep this Brush from being ‘floppy’ with plush softness in the silvertip head. Put side by side, the FS Silvertip is so much softer than my Caswell Massey Pure Badger Hair Brush.

Ergonomic: Rating 9
This Brush has a good sized knot (see dimensions below i,e,. short loft), and looks even superior ‘in bloom’. The Faux Ivory handle on this Brush could have been a little bigger in view of my carpal tunnel disability in both wrists, I’ve noticed that certain brushes (and razors for that matter), are not very comfortable in my hands, but this brush is a 'dream' to use, the Faux handle is well made and easy to hold and I feel very 'pampered' :lol1: every time I lather-up.

Dimensions:
Base: 3.4cm (1.34inch)
Width of knot at base: 2.3cm (0.91inch)
Width of knot at top: 5.3cm (2.09inch)
Length of knot: 5.5cm (2.17inch)
Total length of handle and knot : 10.5cm (4.15inch)

Latherability: Rating 9
OMG…:eek6: this Brush really generates a lot of lather. Water retention of this Brush is wonderful and with just about six (6), ‘whips’ around my Williams Shaving Soap, this Brush still has the strenght to stand up with this soap...producing a rich and dense 'stiff peak' lather even though it is very ‘supple’, but, what a feeling on your face :w00t:

In closing, I have no issues with this Brush and in my opinion...it is the best Silvertip for your money. :yesnod:

:straight: "Laughter is the [shaving] brush that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart." Mort Walker

Attachments

• $thumb_31ptrD9LrcL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    $thumb_31ptrD9LrcL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 260
I have 4 of them. 1 silvertip, 2 finest and 1 best. They get used often and form the backbone of my small brush rotation. Good stuff at a great price.

What are the dimensions on this one?

38mm handle length
42mm finest loft
23mm knot
handle at thickest 30mm

E-mailed Ian and worked out what I was after and hey presto here it is. HAd to wait a bit longer than normal but worth the wait.

I have 24mm finest and its awesome. Will buy a large knot silvertip in future, but their prices are abnormally increasing, thus decreasing their desirability.:closedeye

Last edited:
I have 24mm finest and its awesome. Will buy a large knot silvertip in future, but their prices are abnormally increasing, thus decreasing their desirability.:closedeye
I have a few FS currently. Two 24mm Richmonds Finest and Best. A fan tip 22mm finest. And a 28mm Richmond silvertip. The 28mm is well worth the increased price. The Brush is packed very dense, it's a premium brush from FS.

I have 24mm finest and its awesome. Will buy a large knot silvertip in future...

i sold my FS 24mm silvertip because it was too big!

general note: to echo the detailed review a few posts earlier, the silvertip isn't quite as soft as some other silvertips i have. it is a very liberal grading. still very good value for money.

v.

Top Bottom