What's new

just picked up Dollar General's Brut

I was at Dollar General today and checked out the shaving section, I picked up a pack of DE blades for $1 and the generic Brut that they sell for $1.50. It is another great product by vi-jon. And you get 9oz. for $1.50, crazy low price. If you are a fan of Brut or like these low priced aftershaves, you should try it. Vi-jon is becoming a favorite of mine.

As long as your and your significant other likes the scent, who cares how little it costs for the after shave. I like the dollar store version of Old Spice.

I've got enough Brut to last me years, and it has, I havent ran out of Brut for...10 years? Good stuff, I just don't use it enough...

I lik the cheap stuff as everyday aftershave. Save the good stuff for those nights that count. I use a home made bay rum most of the time for eveyday, but I do like to change around just for the spice of life...............JR

I haven't worn Brute since gym class in the 9th grade. I could never figure out why the ladies always ran away gasping for air....

I read Vi-John is a great Godrej alternative and is more popular in India...kinda like new versions of Eternity cologne vs the competition

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Do you have a picture of the bottle? How does it compare to Brut?

Here is the bottle, I think its awesome, especially for $1.50

Attachments

• $P9200007.jpg
    $P9200007.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 222
Is it possible you forgot to shower after GYM class?..just a thought.:rolleyes5:rolleyes5:rolleyes5:em3300:.....................JR

We weren't allowed to shower actually, that's why we poured on the Brut. Brut + B.O. is horrendous, but Brut on its own is not too far off. But as the saying goes, YMMV.

Family Dollar sells it under the Ivy Club label. It's also Vijon and it's called Classic Splash, 9oz. I think it's excellent.

Made in China apply liberally to the skin. Read the labels closely on dollar store items before you use it and always remember what they did to our health with Chinese sheetrock, melamine milk and dog food,and who knows what else.

Made in China apply liberally to the skin. Read the labels closely on dollar store items before you use it and always remember what they did to our health with Chinese sheetrock, melamine milk and dog food,and who knows what else.

While I agree in general with Joe's remarks, I'd like to state that, if it's a Vi-Jon product, it's at least a US company that you're dealing with. I assume that it's not financially viable to ship such stuff overseas, so I'd bet that any Vi-Jon product is also made in the USA.

I love Brut aftershave and all that it stands for. You have to admit though that there's a slight degenerate deviance attached to using imitation Brut as well...the kind of man who would wear a Rite Aid bag as a t-shirt and smoke in church. Am I the only one here who sees the complete awesomeness of imitation Brut?

Top Bottom