What's new

Show us your Japanese Natural Whetstones

a few months ago I visited Takeda Hamono (maker of incredible kitchen knives and tools) and got to pick through his massive natural stone collection. He has 3 large Rubermaid bins full of Nakayama Maruka!!! After too long a wait I finally payed for them and got them sent over. Here they are
Koma Nagura
$P7221514.jpg
Uchigumori
$P7221515.jpg
Ozuku Suita Marukei
$P7221516.jpg
Nakayama Maruka Asagi
$P7221517.jpg
Nakayama Namito Maruka
$P7221518.jpg

Interesting shape - I always wonder if cuts like that were planned and intentional, or done out of necessity or both or what.

Can anyone tell me what type of Jnat I have here? And maybe how to get a tomo nagura for it? Thanks, Jeff
It's 6" x 3.25"

$JNat.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Hatahoshi is a house brand of Hatanaka Co, a large whetstone company in Japan and holder of the rights to many of the old famous brands. You should have a very fine Nakayama finisher for razors from the looks of it, but as all are different you just have to give it a whirl.

Here's an image of mine.

Cheers, Steve

Attachments

• $VintNak-1.jpg
    $VintNak-1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 271
Hatahoshi is a house brand of Hatanaka Co, a large whetstone company in Japan and holder of the rights to many of the old famous brands. You should have a very fine Nakayama finisher for razors from the looks of it, but as all are different you just have to give it a whirl.
Cheers, Steve

Thanks; and it is an amazing finisher! Now it's time to play around with the set of Asano Nagura that I recently purchased.
Regards.

Top Bottom