What's new

Single Edge pif for beginners.

I'm doing a pif on some things I don't use very often and thought a beginner might like some new goodies to cut themselves with-I mean shave themselves with. All I ask to be included is that you have close to 50 posts on this board and you do not have or have tried a single edge razor. Please post a quote from your favorite movie. I will get a number from random.org to select the winner. This pif will close Friday at noon. Here is a list of what is being pif'd:

Schick Injector (type m or k, not sure)
Gem Jr. gold single edge razor
Semogue 1305 brush (used 4x, just not for my liking)
Blades for both razors
Vitos Green-small tub-already have one plus a p160
Ogallalla Limes and Peppercorn sampler
Sample of my Bay Rum w/ a Twist (I love this stuff, great in the winter!)
Sample of GFT Coconut
Sample of Thayers Medicated witch hazel
Sample of Booster's Mosswood (great scent and underrated for the $$$)
Tabac-1/3 of a puck I milled into a glass jar. still have a full one I'm working on.

If anyone has questions please let me know! :wink2:

Attachments

• $SE PIF.jpg
    $SE PIF.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Great PIF. To any newbies: if you just discovered DEs but think your Super Speed could be faster, throw your hat in this ring.

Wow, what a PIF!

I'm not really qualified. I don't own a SE and haven't tried one, but I've got one in the post (taking forever). Congratulations in advance to the lucky winner.

Well, I have way over 50 posts, but I've only been using DE for about two months, so I guess that qualifies as a newbie. I also do not own an SE razor.

"Hello? Santa Claus's reindeer? Of course I can... let's see, there's Dopey, Grouchy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Happy, Bashful, Rudolph and Blitzen! You're welcome!"

I'm not sure whether you'd post to England but...

"But then, in the spring of 1949, the powers that be decided that... The roof of the license-plate factory needs resurfacing. I need a dozen volunteers for a week's work. As you know, special detail carries with it special privledges. It was outdoor detail - and May is one damn fine month to be working outdoors."

I hope I am close enough to 50 posts. I have never tried a SE razor and have actually been interested.

"Shampoo is better, I go on first and clean the hair!
No, Conditioner is better. I make the hair silky and smooth"!

Thank you for the PIF
"They are an intriguing people. From the moment they wake they devote themselves to the perfection of whatever they pursue. I have never seem such discipline. I am surprised to learn that the word Samurai means, 'to serve', and that Katsumoto believes his rebellion to be in the service of the Emperor. "

Thanks for the PIF, I'd like to try a SE.
Here are a few quotes that i like:

Tommy Boy
"Richard, who's your favorite little rascal? Alfalfa?... Or is it SPANKY?
Sinner."

Blood in Blood Out
"Life's a risk Carnal!" (Kind fitting to traditional wet shaving.)

"I don't want his pork chop... I want his life!"

Thanks for running this PIF.

I do NOT qualify as I've been using my GEM/Ever-Ready SE razors for a couple of months and have 2 in my rotation of 5 razors!

If you qualify, get in on this PIF ... You'll never know about SE if you don't try!

I would like to try a SE.

Two favorites...

"Ray, when somebody asks you "Are you a god?" you say "YES!"" - Ghostbusters

"You're Marines now, you improvise, you adapt, you overcome!" - Gunnery Sergeant Highway (Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
bumping this good pif

even though I am not entering:

"You see in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig." Blondie, The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

Last edited:
I can only hold out so long....and you haven't given it away yet (I think).

I have not tried a SE yet (and I have been curious about the injectors).

Movie quote from Oldboy (2003) a Korean film.

Dae-su Oh: If they had told me it was going to be fifteen years, would it have been easier to endure?

Tough to pick a favorite movie, but this is one of my favorites.

Not qualified as stated in previous post. I just wanted to add a move line that got past the Censors in the 1940s!:

Walking down the aisle of a passenger train car full of cowboys, Mae West stopped and leaned over toward one cowboy and said:

"Is that a pistol in your pocket ... or are you just glad to see me!"

Top Bottom