What's new

I started with ATG with this evenings shave...

I usually start with a WTG pass & then go to ATG without relathering. I realized a long time ago that I rarely, if ever take anything off with a WTG pass So I skipped straight to a ATG this evening. I shaved yesterday evening so I didn't have much in the way a beard to take off. Let me tell you, I have a slight burn, but it is very close to BBS.

Thoughts? Comments? Rude hand gestures?

Thanx!!!
Charlie

Rude hand gestures here - but only in fun. We probably have very different beard and skin types.

I know from experience that I cannot start a second pass without a fresh coat of lather, and I need an XTG pass before going ATG. I expect to remove about half of my stubble on the first pass - sometimes that is enough for a SAS, but I usually do three passes for a DFS. If the first pass doesn't put stubble in the sink, I know that something is wrong. The prime candidate would be blade angle - but generally speaking I would catch that after a few strokes, and correct it.

I've tried to go straight to ATG, but it doesn't work for me. I need a WTG pass first. I do not ever do an XTG pass though.

I can't believe I've been using DEs for most of this year, yet haven't tried starting with an ATG pass. In theory it should work. I think the biggest obstacle is psychological.
Will try it tomorrow.

Top Bottom