What's new

good shampoo for sensitive scalp?

hey guys looking for a good shampoo for sensitive scalp....sometimes I get scalp pimples....anybody know anything good to use?

thanks

Honestly, I use tea tree products, keeps skin clean acne free, everything. even feels nice when tingling. I highly reconmend tea tree shampoo. been using it for years.

I have very dry and sensitive scalp myself. last week I was absolutely dying and couldn't take it anymore. I'm a huge fan of L'Occitane shaving products already, so I went to the local shop to see if they could help. I dropped about $75 on shampoo, conditioner and a concentraded mask for "sensitive or irritated scalp". Because I was already on their email list, they threw in a 250ml bottle of Lavander shower gel for free. I took hell from my wife for dropping the $75, but I couldn't be happier. If your scalp is anything as bad as mine, $75 is a very small price to pay.

thanks guys I got some johnsons baby shampoo and tea tree shampoo...see how they go

which head and shoulders did you use? I tried it and never did anything for me

Shampoo less often. Seriously. If you are shampooing every day, try only doing it two or three times a week for a few weeks and see what happens. Just rinse your hair the other days,

Use something light. Most of the common shelf brands like Pantene, Clear, Garnier etc have a "For Sensitive Scalp" version, but they are invariably formulated with just subtly tweaked quantities of chemicals, in the factory floor right next to the core shampoo version.

My suggestion as someone with a highly sensitive scalp is to look for natural shampoos. My trusted brands now are:

1. Aveda -- if the male products are too harsh, as they were for me, just use their "Shampure" line which is unisex. Very light, very effective, and lasts for six months in that big bottle!

2. Schwarzkopf -- the German brand, a little hard to get, but I buy mine online. Their "BC" anti dandruff shampoo line is super-light and effortless for me.

Whichever brand you pick up, focus on getting a simple, light, as-natural-as-possible shampoo and wash your hair every other day, without going to town in terms of scrubbing. You'll be impressed with Aveda.

Last edited:
Top Bottom