What's new

What Are You Doing For You Mother On Mother's Day ?

Hey Guys,

Sunday is Mothers day....what are you plans for your Mother on her special day ???

I plan to give my Mother, three yellow roses when I visit her grave on Sunday.

Mark the shoeshine boy

Wow , Im so glad my mom is still around me she means everything to me.

I pamperd her way into so much EDT and EDP that she has never seen in her whole life or used so much when she was younger and now has enough to last 2 lifetimes.(Shampoo and DEO's aswell )
I thought let her benefit on the ride of my new found Addiction or is it Lifestyle :biggrin:

A Nice Breakfast, im thinking either pancakes or a panini and for dinner either a BBQ or let me whip up one of my famous Thai like soups or my famed for Oriental touched fried rice with Chicken since im a pretty good chef other then that I try to treat her like its mothersday everyday..:rolleyes:

Sent her a gift box with the following from a local store Essentials where Ron and I dumped a few hundred dollars last week:
God bless her!

And for the Mother of my children, well $100 gift certificate at the same store! (As well as, for reasons known only to her, what she asked me to get her: a new grill for the BBQ and some lava rocks. Maybe to make me up some fresh steaks for Father's Day:thumbup1: )

My mother is absolutely in love with Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel (I let her try some of mine), so she will be getting a bottle of that along with several different bath soaps and lotions.

My dear, sweet wife will be getting a garnet pendant (the birthstone of our daughter). Additionally, she has asked for a couple of leather bound photo albums. I suck at waiting for the actual holiday, so she already has the photo albums.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
You're a good man Kyle. I got my wife a digital camera and some lingerie.:w00t:

What am I doing for my mom? I'm keeping MTSSB away from her! I am a loving son! Actually, we will celebrate Mother's Day in June when she is here in person. For now, a nice card and a phone call will do.

Randy

ouch

mark the shoeshine boy said:
i mean of your SOTD and show us what you shave with...

mark tssb

I must have 20K in photo gear laying around, but I never really got into digital. I know I sound like a dinosaur, but I simply don't enjoy taking pictures without the thought and setup required with film. Mind you, I'm not saying this from an artistic point of view (I possess no artistic ability whatsoever), but from a technical standpoint. I guess I just enjoy playing with ancients
technologies, whether it's tube audio gear or an old Rollei or Leica.

The only rationale I can offer is to make an analogy to something dear to all of us in here- a classic camera that needs a light meter or a rangefinder is an old Gillette, and a digital camera, however advanced, is a Fusion.

I should mention that digital photography is here to stay, and should be. It offers amazing storage potential and, in its best forms, truly excellent picture quality. There is a number of pixels that matches the resolution of film, and although we're not there yet (and I offer no claim as to what that number ultimately is), we're pretty close.
The most important contribution that digital photography has made is that I can now give my daughter a camera and let her have at it, without the expense and effort of developing film. This allows everyone to dabble in photography, which is a good thing. And although we're still in the "infinite monkees banging away at an infinite number of keyboards" stage, the art will surely follow.

I leave you with the first words of the inventor of digital photography upon his discovery, which, not surprisingly mirrors those of the inventor of the VCR, or the camera itself- "Honey, come here quick!":tongue_sm

To answer your post, now that I'm in the inner sanctum, I feel obligated to contribute, and will make a concerted effort to add pics to the SOTD.

well, I got to adorn my Mother's grave with six dollars of plastic flowers from Wal-Mart. What a great way to honor your Mother. The rules of the grave yard will only allow plastic.

I keep her in my heart everyday. since I still live in my home town, I still remember the places we have been and shared and the houses where we lived.

Mothers are very special. Remember yours everyday.

Mark the shoeshine boy

ouch

mark the shoeshine boy said:
well, I got to adorn my Mother's grave with six dollars of plastic flowers from Wal-Mart. What a great way to honor your Mother. The rules of the grave yard will only allow plastic.

I keep her in my heart everyday. since I still live in my home town, I still remember the places we have been and shared and the houses where we lived.

Mothers are very special. Remember yours everyday.

Mark the shoeshine boy

Plastic flowers? How sad is that. Who could ever think of such rules? My mom died the day my daughter was born, so I can appreciate your post.

On a lighter note, I decided to kill two birds with one stone. I screwed around with my wife's new digital camera, and took a picture of a pair of shoes for you to shine.:lol:

ouch

She can barely stand in those, let alone walk. She was a model in the early 90's, and kept them from a shoot. Amazingly, she hasn't gained a pound in fifteen years. Can't say the same for myself.

my wife can't wear shoes like that in the bedroom, she gets them caught in the ceiling fan !!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :blushing: :blushing: :001_rolle

mark tssb

i'll shine them only if she wears them...or Randy either one....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Top Bottom