What's new

Very Effective Beard Softening

Hey All,

Last year I bought a tube of Cremo and didn't really like it by itself so I shelved it. Anyway, I've been trying to use up some the odds and ends that I've accumulated since my DE journey began:001_smile, and thought I'd use these odds and ends as a preshave applied in the shower to be softening until I dried off and got lathered up with my usual Tabac or Arko.

Unlike when I do the same thing with Shave Secret, Proraso, KMF, etc just to use them up, I'm getting markedly improved beard softening when I do this with the Cremo. Second tier blades like Personna Labs, Gillette Yellows, and whatnot now cut as easily as Feathers. Hell, even those Derbys and Sharks that I bought before I knew better are tolerable now. I haven't been brave enough to try another Dorco :wink2:.

If anyone has a thick hard to soften beard, it may be worth trying.

Happy Shaving,

Patrick

I have VERY coarse hair..I honestly feel a slight difference between all my shaving "tools"..some make my hair grow in a bit more coarse than other items

I do this, only I do it right out of the shower with a bit of hot water and an inch of Cremo on my hand, lathered all over. It works. It's especially good when using a boar with Cremo or RazoRock. I even sometimes use it as the last, 4th pass cushion if I run out of lather. Not good by itself with heavy beard growth on a first pass but certainly has enough cushion and glide for a daily or a touch up shave.

Top Bottom