Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TJ Maxx/Marshalls

Images

Default TJ Maxx/Marshalls

Has anyone here scored a decent fragrance from one of these places for a reasonable price? Also, I'm assuming they're not carrying knockoffs...is that a safe assumption?
    -- Eric --
    "I'm afraid the lemur got into the pudding cups."

Yeah it's all clearance. I get stuff there all the time.
    S.T. Dupont, Lacoste, Bvlgari etc. Very hit or miss. I love the Dupont stuff. Chix dig it.
    -Ray
    Some may never live, but the crazy never die. -HST
    BOTOC Power!

Images

They are great places to find some good bargains. You have to check often for a better chance of seeing what all they offer from time to time. And different stores have different scents. I've seen a lot of good scents at a number of these stores, and believe they are all the real deal.

Images

Just stopped by on the way home from work...next time I need to mark down some names and price compare when I get home to some online retailers.
    -- Eric --

Quote Originally Posted by elsmooth View Post
    Just stopped by on the way home from work...next time I need to mark down some names and price compare when I get home to some online retailers.
    I usually just compare it to amazon while i'm in the store. Amazon is usually the regular retail price. Don't trust the "suggested retail" price on the TJ price tags.
    -Ray
    BOTOC Power!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by xraygun View Post
    I usually just compare it to amazon while i'm in the store. Amazon is usually the regular retail price. Don't trust the "suggested retail" price on the TJ price tags.
    I definitely never believe their "suggested retail" prices. I did pick up a bottle (3.4 oz) of Claiborne for Men (just read on basenotes it's discontinued...) for $13, and Hugo XY (1.3 oz) for $24 while there. I think the Claiborne was a good deal, and the XY was on par with fragrancenet and fragrancex (maybe a couple of dollars cheaper at Maxx). However, I didn't have shipping costs, and I didn't have to wait. Wearing the Claiborne now...pretty impressed so far.
    -- Eric --

Yes, not a problem there.
    " I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol... because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older " - Patrick Bateman

I stopped by there last night...They had great deals on Polo Black and Red, Grey Flannel and several others. There was in particular that I was interested in but didn't get it. It was a large medal tin that looked like a cigar box, and had "Cigar" printed on the top. It was some kind of cologne, but the way that they had the little plastic "shoplifting guard" around it I couldn't really read the label. Anyway, it was only $12.99.
    "Gentlemen, you may smoke"

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2b1ask1 View Post
    I stopped by there last night...They had great deals on Polo Black and Red, Grey Flannel and several others. There was in particular that I was interested in but didn't get it. It was a large medal tin that looked like a cigar box, and had "Cigar" printed on the top. It was some kind of cologne, but the way that they had the little plastic "shoplifting guard" around it I couldn't really read the label. Anyway, it was only $12.99.
    That is Cigar, by Remy Latour and it's a very nice scent that gets a lot of positive reviews. Smells slightly sweet, like Cuba Red, and a little like the inside of a humidor. It's a must try for the price, as it's much better than it's price would indicate.

Quote Originally Posted by jakespoppy View Post
    That is Cigar, by Remy Latour and it's a very nice scent that gets a lot of positive reviews. Smells slightly sweet, like Cuba Red, and a little like the inside of a humidor. It's a must try for the price, as it's much better than it's price would indicate.
    It's Burberry London essentially, or very close. Good scent.
    Tim

Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2b1ask1 View Post
    I actually saw that in a box set yesterday at my TJ Maxx...if I remember correctly, there were a few vials in the set...didn't really take a good look, but the box it came it was a cigar box, too...definitely should go back today and take a better look...
    -- Eric --

Images

Default Scored the Cigars!

For a whopping $20! (though I haven't done any further research, $5 for a 2 oz bottle seems pretty good to me)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0273.jpg   100_0272.jpg   100_0271.jpg  
    -- Eric --

how's the scent though?
    -Ray
    BOTOC Power!

Images

how's the scent though?
    Haven't sprayed any of them, yet. I knew I was forgetting something. I'll test run them this week. I did just check out basenotes, and although there isn't too much feedback on them, they seem to get favorable opinions (especially the Cubano Gold). These are from Victory International, and are made in Italy.

EDIT: Also, the customer reviews for all 4 on fragrancenet.com are pretty impressive.
    Last edited by elsmooth; 09-17-2011 at 11:05 AM.
    -- Eric --

Images

Quote Originally Posted by elsmooth View Post
    Haven't sprayed any of them, yet. I knew I was forgetting something. I'll test run them this week. I did just check out basenotes, and although there isn't too much feedback on them, they seem to get favorable opinions (especially the Cubano Gold). These are from Victory International, and are made in Italy.

EDIT: Also, the customer reviews for all 4 on fragrancenet.com are pretty impressive.
    Yes, this Cubano set is different from the Cigar by Remy Latour, and I agree with the reviewers who like the Cubano Gold. It's somewhat similar to La Male.

Yes, this Cubano set is different from the Cigar by Remy Latour, and I agree with the reviewers who like the Cubano Gold. It's somewhat similar to La Male.
    You are correct. But the Remy Latour version is the best of the bunch imo.
    Tim

Images

how's the scent though?
    I'm wearing the Cubano Gold right now...opens up with a powdery/sweet vanilla, and doesn't change much during dry-down. When the fiance comes home, I'll get her opinion, but as of right now, it's not thrilling me. That being said, if you like vanilla as a single-note, you'd probably really dig this (it's a pleasant scent, just may not be for me).
    -- Eric --

I buy from TJ Maxx a lot, but it's hit and miss. When I don't need a bottle they have it and when I need a bottle it's gone. Great prices though !!
    Chi Chi, get the yayo

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Champion of Capua View Post
    I buy from TJ Maxx a lot, but it's hit and miss. When I don't need a bottle they have it and when I need a bottle it's gone. Great prices though !!
    My perspective is, when they have a bottle, I need it!

Images

My perspective is, when they have a bottle, I need it!
    I'm quickly finding myself in this realm...just shopped there for luggage w/ SWMBO...and wound up with a box set of SJ Unforgivable that was on clearance...
    -- Eric --