What's new

TWSBI 540 cracking at the nib :( ?

Hmmm so my brand new TWSBI 540 has a crack right where the nib meets the clear plastic, haven't dropped it, haven't abused it, about a week old. Contact TWSBI or exchange through Amazon (that is the TWSBI store I bought it through)? Just curious what everyone would recommend for this? I'll take pics when I get home.

I'd suggest contacting TWSBI. You can even PM 'speedy' on FPN, who is the owner of the company. Things like this have happened in the past, and generally they'll just send you a new section.

I havent had any issues with my 530-40. that part just screws off. I'm sure they will send you a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright I first went with spitfire's suggestion of contacting Speedy via FPN.

So has there been any comments on issues like this with this pen? I am curious if I am screwing the cap on too tight or if it was a flaw in the pen or what. I have had it for MAYBE a week now so I would be surprised if this was a common occurrence and not just an issue with the one pen I got ;) .

Quick edit, Speedy has already responded and told me where to email to get a replacement grip (obviously free of charge). Just wanted to update and mention how awesome that was. Took a few hours for a response (most of those hours I was asleep lol) and hopefully the problem will be fixed by next week. Definitely excited for the 700 and hopefully their ink if they go there :) .

Thanks guys for the suggestions and help.

Last edited:
Just wanted to post a quick update. Already have my replacement grip. Those guys over there are a class act. First Speedy for his ironically speedy reply via the FPN forums. Then Susan who I emailed as per Speedy's instructions and send me out a new grip (two just in case :) ).

My one question left, when I tighten the cap on my 540, do I screw it all the way tight? Or do I just screw it till it gives me a little resistance and is on the pen but not super tight?

Doesn't need to be super tight. Just snug. That will be more than enough. If you're really cranking on it, it'll break. Just like most anything else.

Top Bottom