What's new

Entry-level watch recommendation

What that guy said, except that if you want the coin bezel, you can have it too: just look for model 8926 OB, you can also have it with blue dial (9094). This watch is powered by a Myota 8215 (Japanese) movement, it is not a ETA 2824-2 (Swiss) but it is fairly decent. You can read about the differences between the 2 here. I have read many negative things about Invicta watches but I have found that most of them are not true. At $75 to 85 (depending on the model0, this watch is a steal!!!!!

Al raz.

P.S: the inner links of the bracelet are polished steel and they are prone to scratches.

I am incredibly happy with my Invicta 8926, which is an 'homage' (read: knockoff) of the Rolex Submariner. Looks pretty similar except the bezel is an Omega-style scalloped rather than the Rolex-style coin edge. It keeps fairly good time, something like +6 seconds/day. Really good-looking watch, I've gotten several compliments on it. Got it for $80 shipped, which probably isn't the best deal you can find, but is a pretty fine price for the money.

The one thing to note about Invicta is that their customer service is supposed to be pretty bad. The sense that I get is that their QC is pretty good, but that they aren't particularly good about addressing the problems that do slip through. So you're taking a small gamble. But really a fine watch at the price point.

+ 1 for the Eco-Drive. Its nice to never replace a battery. And with leather bands, you want to replace them regularly, say every other year or so, depending on how often you wear it. Sweat and dirt break them down eventually. I prefer the metal bracelets, but of course YMMV. Enjoy! And please post a pic of your choice!

Top Bottom