What's new

Some initial impressions

Well, thanks to the kind and informed recommendations from folks here, I have now sampled Drew Estates Jucy Lucy, and 3 of the different CAO flavored cigars. Thank you!

I picked up a 5-pack of Jucy Lucys and the CAO Flavours Sampler from CI. The JLs are pretty small in size (is there a name for a 3 x 38 cigar?), good for a quick smoke. Excellent in taste, I found them to be a mild to medium and pleasant. I wasn't too thrilled with the sweetened tip, and SWMBO couldn't really detect any aromatic qualities ("It just smells like a cigar.").

From the CAO sampler, I've tried the Honey Gold (very nice), Eileen's Dream (excellent) and Moontrance (definitely a hit!). I still have the Bella Vanilla, Cherrybomb and Earth Nectar to try.

So, it definitely looks like the CAOs are on my repeat list. If it weren't for the sweetened tip, the JLs might have become my "short smoke, alone time" candidate. I'll keep sampling - I'll be checking out some Acid varieties soon.

Thanks again, everyone, for your recommendations. :thumbup1:

The one flavored cigar that I've tried, and thought was pretty good is the Drew Estate Java Latte Corona. It has a sweetish first taste (probably from the tip), but is pretty subtle for the rest of the smoke. A very smooth and even smoke. Maybe something for you to try. The only problem that I have with them, is that they are about $10 a stick here in the overtaxed Banana Republic of New York and I don't want them often enough to get a box from somewhere else.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about the Javas. Will have to put them on my "to try" list.

Drew Estate Naturals are as far as I'll go in the "flavored" cigar. Troops love the various Acids, however. They're just so dayum expensive!

Top Bottom