What's new

Dior La Collection Privee - Leather Oud

There are lots of oud inspired colognes on the market and I've not been shy about saying that most of them leave me a bit cold. So when I tried Dior's Leather Oud, I wasn't expecting much. I was very pleasantly surprised (even if it doesn't smell like oud :001_smile). This is a dark, creamy leather - think suede not Russian - that may well join my A-list rotation.

Agreed. I'm no expert on ouds but I've tried quite a few. I too didn't expect much from Dior's version of it but there is enough oud in the mix to give Leather Oud some character and complexity. It has one foot in the conventional western designer-style fragrances you'd expect from Dior but the other foot is spaced far enough into the eastern realm to make this one a true gem. I do get compliments when wearing this one.

I guess I should poke around, but I'm confused about the marketing of this one. Have I got this right- it's a special edition only available in a huge bottle for $200+

This stuff is a 10. Henry, your description hit the nail on the head. Don't think Oud think perfect masculine leather. it's got lots of legs and always hits the mark.

the new Caron Oud is not even close... not recommended!

This stuff is a 10. Henry, your description hit the nail on the head. Don't think Oud think perfect masculine leather. it's got lots of legs and always hits the mark.

And with that, I expect you to hit up the Dior Boutique while you're in Paris and pick me up a bottle. :lol:

And with that, I expect you to hit up the Dior Boutique while you're in Paris and pick me up a bottle. :lol:

Yeah! :w00t:

Awww c'mon...Josh and Henry raving about this. How long can I avoid this one...

Cool weather is coming ... it'll come in handy!

Top Bottom