What's new

Arko Vs Palmolive stick

I have a Palmolive stick and think its quite a bargin for the performance. Arko seems to get all the love around here recently. Anyone use both? Thoughts?

Aaron

Palmolive is much better for my skin, but the lather of the Arko is just ever so slightly better. Palmolive wins since I can use it twice in a row without my skin melting off from the citronella smell!

Palmolive delivers one of the best lathers to be had, it even took over the number 1 spot for me that was dominated by Mitchell's Wool Fat. Arko is a real good soap and I'm currently out of it, but it doesn't have the skin care that I like.

They are both good products that perform well and are inexpensive. The scent of Palmolive is superior to arko IMO.

It's good to see the less expensive products get a bit of airplay!

I really like the scent of Palmolive. I can't say the same about Arko. Arko's great soap, but so is Palmolive, so Palmolive gets my vote.

I think Arko's been getting more praise because it's cheaper for people in the US. If Palmolive was readily available in grocery stores here for the same price as it goes for in some countries (less than a dollar), I doubt Arko would be getting near as much praise. That's just my biased and ignorant opinion, though. :001_tongu

Last edited:
Both give easy, magnificent lather. My only shave with Arko was a bit harsh, but I was changing lots of things at the time, so can't conclude too much from that.
And the cost ... both are crazy bargains, especially if you see them in a shop. The prices can be heavily discounted from the already low list prices.

I really like the scent of Palmolive. I can't say the same about Arko. Arko's great soap, but so is Palmolive, so Palmolive gets my vote.

+1 Actually, it's not so much that I love the smell of Palmolive, but I really don't like the smell of Arko. Both lather beautifully, though, but for me Palmolive will always win out due to its scent.

gotta give the nod to Arko. I use both (grated down into a bowl) and I find Arko protects my neck area better than Palmolive; still there isn't much separating them, both are great value

I'll add a notch to Palmolive's belt. Arko irritates my skin. Its lather is cushiony where Palmolive's is rich and yogurty. Scent-wise, Palmolive wins by a mile.

For me Arko ends on top. Slightly easier to apply, the lather and shave is a notch better and I prefer Arko's straightforward clean smell over the somewhat artificial 'green' scent of Palmolive.

But both are top performers and should be tried by every soap user!

I've not tried Arko yet but grabbed a Palmolive 2 stick deal about a month ago and grated both into a bowl. I really like it, awesome lather and a great shave. My only small complaint, is although I like the soapy scent, I keep getting a "fresh cut grass" smell mixed in there, especially in my brush after rinsing, it's like sticking my head in a bag of lawn clippings, I guess that is the "palm extract".

Last edited:
Palmolive by a country mile for me. Arko lathered well enough, but dried out my skin terribly, and even when I gave it a few more chances it left my skin red and irritated before I'd even started shaving (strangely only on my face. On my head there was no irritation). The Palmolive works like a dream every time for me. I could happily use only that forever.

Considering that these are two of the least expensive soaps, trying both won't break the bank. There's no right answer on matters of personal taste. Both give a rich lather which will give you a great shave, but I prefer the feel of the Arko. The Arko smell is initially a bit too strong, but once it has faded a bit, I prefer it to the detergent like smell of Palmolive. Once I use up the Palmolive that I have, I'll probably never buy it again, but there's nothing wrong with it, I just like Arko better. As I just wrote in another thread, I have what may be all the Arko I'll ever need, but if I did run out, I'd restock.

Top Bottom