What's new

Feather unboxing and in its new environment.

proxy.php

The feather box was very nice. The packaging was wrapped in a very Japanese style folded paper over wood packaging. I say Japanese style because the material, style, folds-cuts and obviously words were Japanese.
The razor itself is a purely marvelous subject to hold and look at in the hand. The weight and balance are very heavy and precise. The first few things that are apparent are that you will not have to push at all considering the weight and sharpness inherent in the feather blades. You notice that the grip will ensure that you will never accidentally drop the razor. The finish is perfect, both on the surface and inside the head assembly.
When you add a blade to the razor the blade sits perfectly aligned as to not falter in blade angle when tightened this is accomplished by small tabs on the blade corners and the tolerances in the middle razor . You also notice when screwing together or taking apart the razor that the thread tolerances are super tight yet very smooth, the perfect size, smoothness and strength on the threading.
In its setting.
Feather Stainless Safety Razor.
Tabac Soap.
Crabtree and Evelyn-Edwin Jager Super Badger Brush.
Frankoma 4SC, AKA 4 Soup Cup.
Japanese-Chinese? Bamboo Tray.
Karl Springer Maitland Smith? Coral Box.
Vintage Gillette Razors, 1 Modern Merkur.
In the box I have a Gillette Aristocrat, Gillette Fatboy, Merkur HD, Gillette Ball Tech, Gillette ABC. I also have a Gillette Single Ring Old Style in the bathroom for shaving around the nose area. I am just keeping it in there since it will not sit right in the grouping.
I will post later about the shaves as I get to know the razor.
P.S. click the link to see more pics of the unboxing and setup.

http://imgur.com/a/LrgFS/all

Last edited:
Congrats....It's a beautiful razor. I've had mine since Sreing 2010 and love it to death. It's waiting for me after I finish my current affair with "cheapie" Gillette TTO's. I like the above picture.....very Zen. Appropriate for a Japanese razor.

the handle somewhat reminds me of the ball tech. looking at a feather just shouts quality. even when i show my old man my kai captain, he straight away says, this thing is built to last, the best part, he doesnt even shave

Oh goodness this is a smooth shave. Probably a lot to do with the Feather blades which I have not used before this, but the weight of the razor combined with the Feather blades really makes it smooth. No push needed at all.

Oh no, tis in my bedroom right next to the bathroom. I only shave once every 3 days and have little room in my bathroom. So after I shave and the stuff dries a bit I put it back in the bedroom. I figure it lets the brush dry faster and is a fun little roompiece. I do however like the idea of a bookshelf in the bathroom! Hehehehe

Top Bottom